Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

Tetley’s to sponsor the Challenge Cup

110 posts in this topic

The Rugby League World Rugby League World Cup...?

Snappy!

The Rugby (Union) World Rugby League World Cup?

Tetleys is now brewed in Wolverhampton

Ye Gods, what is the world coming to?

Delighted with the sponsorship though and i love the retro logos. Very Tetleys as i remember it.

Apparently Leeds Brewery is becoming very popular and growing .It will look amusing if they ever got the CC sponsorship gig

Apparently Leeds Brewery is becoming very popular and growing .It will look amusing if they ever got the CC sponsorship gig

They sponsor the annual Leeds-Hunslet match it looks like

Someone knows what they're doing.

There's a first time for everything etc

Maybe it was unneccessary stubbornness, but finding sponsorship is tough in the current financial climate. My personal prejudices find a beer company significantly more acceptable than a loan shark or gambling company.

And compared to Budweiser, Heineken, Carling, etc., at least we're not linking our wonderful game with a nasty fizzy lager! :D

I agree, a real British bitter, and like the game itself, of a Northern origin expanding nationwide. As an aside, even in the USA the Budweiser type beer is taking a beating from the darker, almost British beers like Sam Adams, from the Boston Beer co. Maybe they can sponsor the USA national team in the WC and the Boston 13's in the US league.

As predicted by myself last week:)

QQ HOW MUCH as i have heard it is less than half of what they were receiving before.

Great to have all these deals however it is unusual for NO MENTION BEING MADE OF THE AMOUNT BEING PAID IN CASH:(

CM

Is it unusual these days?

I find it very rare that the amount of cash is mentioned tbh.

Canetman finally pops up as expected - you can set your watch by him.Just like any Opposition,these lot are rubbish,I could do so much better,just vote me in.The luxury of having no responsibility.

Tetleys is a really good fit for RL sponsorship if you go by the bitterness of most of the people on here

Big name sponsors attract other big name sponsors.. and portray the game in a positive light.

If the French clubs are at home, will it be called the "T-Cup"?

Good stuff this. Not overly fond of the beer but its better than a lot out there

Be good for a CC Final barbie :D

No consideration in any of the RFL/SL deals have been given to our french partners the Catalan Dragons or soon to be Toulouse.

So on one hand TETLEYS yes is a great brand on the other to give it away for the price of a 1-Half bedroom flat in Twickenham says alot:(

CM

The French clubs cope well enough in the Heineken Cup.

Fancy telling the group how much money is involved in this deal, or are you just wildly speculating as per usual?

No consideration in any of the RFL/SL deals have been given to our french partners the Catalan Dragons or soon to be Toulouse.

So on one hand TETLEYS yes is a great brand on the other to give it away for the price of a 1-Half bedroom flat in Twickenham says alot:(

CM

Again, I don't disbelieve you CM. I just don't know why you don't share your knowledge and list of contacts with fellow rugby league fans on this forum?

Or better still, as I asked previously, why don't you offer your services to the RFL? Even if only in an advisory capacity?

Who is it among the RFL's echelons that supplies you with what must be confidential information? What must be their motive?

What's frustrating me for reading your posts - and others must speak for themselves - is the often jaunty tone in which you couch so many of your damning statements... it's as if - again as I said before - that, against your better judgement, you enjoy any difficulties that the game and its administrators might find themselves in.

Surely this is not the impression you wish to leave for the rest of us?

Looks good, the portfolio grows and feels like momentum even if cm is right and the money starts low. Hopefully it value is shown to tetleys and we see an increase in the value after the two years. Anyone know the value of the last cc deal?

Very good. Erm how much arebtheynpaying....

Anyone know the value of the last cc deal?

Carnegie's deal was reported as being between £6m and £10m over 6 years

What's the Help for Heroes link Gav alluded to?

Carlsberg UK communications director Bruce Ray added: “The Tetley’s brand has a long association with the RFL and we are delighted to announce these new sponsorships.

“These sponsorships will generate increased awareness of the Tetley’s brand and will also provide unique opportunities for consumers and customers to engage in the sponsorships through competitions and promotions.

“We will also be continuing our partnership with Help for Heroes and will be leveraging our Tetley’s Challenge Cup sponsorship to support the fundraising effort for the charity which is close to many people’s hearts.”

Seeing RL being taken for a ride with things like this deal i find depressing the poster after this has just quoted 800K for 2 years (400K a year) which is the exact amount that was being bounded about by the SL clubs last week.Fantastic to have TETLEYS back on board but at 400K a year for 12/13 BBC LIVE TV matches this is taking the p--s.If the RFL announced a 3 year 5/6 million pound deal tomorrow i would be the first on here to say WELL DONE.To put things in comparison a 5 minute advertising slot (LED) at the next Northern Ireland world cup qualifier (Which will be shown on SKY 3/4 along with other internationals the same evening will set you back around £ 40K +.RL is worth far more than the sums they have been getting for sponsorships and i put this down to a number of factors.1/Retraction of SL in the minds of most media to the M622/Lack of contacts at major media agencies in London3/Failure to attract anglo/french deals on the back of the Catalan Dragons4/London Broncos continued failure to bring in a decent amount of fans (Not the RFL,s fault here)5/Celtic Crusaders fiasco6/Delay in a second French franchiseCM

That's a full and passionate response, CM.

I suppose what I'm trying to get at is to see if there's anything you can do to stop "RL being taken for a ride?"

Carnegie's deal was reported as being between £6m and £10m over 6 years

Were they both cash value or was it cash+things=value

Myself forget it i work on soccer and other sports however i am tempted to help Toulouse should they join SL.CM

That's a shame. Is there at least somebody whom you might recommend to the RFL?

I sensed your love for rugby league was greater than that for "soccer and other sports..."