Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

Tetley’s to sponsor the Challenge Cup

110 posts in this topic

Wood conceded that the SL and Champs seasons might start without title sponsors but it was to ensure the right deals are found

Hmmm. This is Nigel Wood we are talking about. He who is a master of obvious spin.

Nigel Wood stated he wanted to give the interview to reassure fans. I feel less reassured now that I know the Coop has pulled out and we have no sponsor for any of our professional leagues than I did when I was ignorant of that fact. I find it thoroughly discouraging.

Ah the doom doom doom mongers find enough to keep themselves warm in this cold spell. Shocker :)

Is it me, or do you see a post by Canetman and think "oh just **** off"?

After reading it, or just by seeing that he has posted?

Either way, the answer is yes.

Just to be clear, various news outlets today (seemingly from the same PA story) have been reporting the two-year deal as being "seven figures."

[canetman mode]Yeah, but that's only when expressed in BINARY ))))[/canetman mode]

Yes, very much this.

Its 400K a year in CASH and the rest in house Tetleys publicity spin spin and more spin:(((CM

With all due respect, I suggest that you know the square root of sod all.

Many years ago,I,along with all senior collegues,received an internal memo from a relatively junior member of staff,stating that he had just completed a very large and important transaction with company A,but that it was absolutely vital that the scale and nature of the transaction must be kept totally secret,in order to secure further business from company A - the nature and size of the transaction was totally irrelevant to me and 99% of the people who received it,but ofcourse it gave the individual concerned a 'profile'.

The individual concerned,left the firm about a year later and was never heard of again in the industry.It seems he has now popped up working in sports sponsorship.

It is a shame we lost the recommend buttons on here.