Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Northern Sol

RL on TV - General discussion (merged threads/posts)

44 posts in this topic

I Don't agree with that, the programme is rubbish simples!!!! IMHO

Yet you think boots n all is good,what we need is a British version of the footy show.

Boots and all, super league full time back chat!!!!! Get sky

i have sky and i like all of them, to me the super league show is a refreshing change :D that's just my opinion though.

1,sl back chat

2 sl show

3 boots and all

that is the order i like it in.

watchin the games is enough of eddie and stevo for me

I love Hullfan's posts, top quality.

Your welcome, think all the smoke from the kc on Sunday gone to my head

While we're chatting about televisual presence, I hope there's a revamp of sky. Get rid of the Iron Man (Man of steel) intro and god awful Biffy Clyro, I much preferred the Two Tribes pedastal opening. Re-do Backchat so it isn't just Rod Studd shouting at Stevo. Fix Boots N All, keep SL Fulltime. In fact loan Rod out permanently to darts. Work around Bill Arthur, Brian Carney and John Kear. With ideally Dave Woods, Brian Noble and the lady from Premier Sports.

I'll just be happy if they don't show the full time score before the highlights start. I've usually forgotten the scores by the time I watch the higlights shows, let me learn the scores as the game progresses!

I'll just be happy if they don't show the full time score before the highlights start. I've usually forgotten the scores by the time I watch the higlights shows, let me learn the scores as the game progresses!

I'm assuming you mean primarily on Fulltime? That's the only one I watch religiously anyway. I do agree it does take something away, but neither do they have the progressive score either, the final score is in the bottom left through out. It's not too much of a nuisance for me as I only want to see the tries themselves. I'd happily bin Boots N All for a feature length Fulltime a la MoTD. But perhaps there's a time issue for the staff at 10pm on a Sunday night.

More highlights and analysis, not just tries. Boots n All and Backchat are horrific tabloid trash. Nothing wrong with Biffy Clyro though.

To be fair, with Sky+/V+ and BBC iPlayer now available on TV/Virgin/Sky and becoming more common in the majority of homes around the country, hopefully this won't be as much as an issue as it was a few years back.

It is still an issue. Those outside the North of England who watch the show do it because they've made the effort to record it or to go on line and search iPlayer for that particular programme. In other words, it preaches solely to the converted.

If it was shown nationally at a sensible time, new fans would discover the game. How many people stumbled upon the SLS when it was shown at 4am, apart from the occasional shift worker watching BBC2's News 24 slot? How many people discover the show on a Tuesday afternoon?

I'm assuming you mean primarily on Fulltime? That's the only one I watch religiously anyway. I do agree it does take something away, but neither do they have the progressive score either, the final score is in the bottom left through out. It's not too much of a nuisance for me as I only want to see the tries themselves. I'd happily bin Boots N All for a feature length Fulltime a la MoTD. But perhaps there's a time issue for the staff at 10pm on a Sunday night.

Fulltime and SLS. SLS in particular, as by the time I get to see it on a Tuesday, it's been 4 days since some of the matches and my memory really isn't great

Fulltime and SLS. SLS in particular, as by the time I get to see it on a Tuesday, it's been 4 days since some of the matches and my memory really isn't great

I sense Webby may drop in an advert for League Express in a minute or too... :D

While we're chatting about televisual presence, I hope there's a revamp of sky. Get rid of the Iron Man (Man of steel) intro and god awful Biffy Clyro, I much preferred the Two Tribes pedastal opening. Re-do Backchat so it isn't just Rod Studd shouting at Stevo. Fix Boots N All, keep SL Fulltime. In fact loan Rod out permanently to darts. Work around Bill Arthur, Brian Carney and John Kear. With ideally Dave Woods, Brian Noble and the lady from Premier Sports.

I actually really like the 'Iron Man' intro on Sky - it gets me pumped up for games and I think it does a good job of reflecting the tough nature of rugby league.

Yes, I quite like it too. It could be worse, we could go back to that guff we used to have with them making a SL player in a science lab

Nah, I much preferred the 'pedestal' advert with Two Tribes playing. That got me pumped.

I'd forgotten about the silly animated club logos though, they were quite funny.

It is still an issue. Those outside the North of England who watch the show do it because they've made the effort to record it or to go on line and search iPlayer for that particular programme. In other words, it preaches solely to the converted.

If it was shown nationally at a sensible time, new fans would discover the game. How many people stumbled upon the SLS when it was shown at 4am, apart from the occasional shift worker watching BBC2's News 24 slot? How many people discover the show on a Tuesday afternoon?

Students might well do. Also those "between jobs".

It's not a good slot but it's a big improvement.

Having just managed to get 3d tele for cheap (which is amazing by the way) I was wondering if it has been stated how many Super League games will be in 3d on sky this season?

I looked at Youtube there was the original video of the 1986 Status Quo no 1 hit In the Army now Super League/RFL could have done their own edit with the original staus quo singing to camera bits but with the assualt course training scenes done by the Super League players 14 1 from each club