Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HunsletHawks

Volunteers Wanted to Help Clear Snow off the Pitch

24 posts in this topic

We need volunteers to help in clearing the South Leeds Stadium pitch of snow, so that we can enure the Leeds Brewery Lazenby cup clash against Leeds Rhinos goes ahead.

Please come down to the Stadium today with a shovel to help us if you can!

We are also short of wheelbarrows if you can loan the club a spare wheelbarrow for the day then please bring it along with you to the stadium.

Even if it is just for an hour or all day, any help will be greatly appreciated. Free Tea and Coffee will be served to all helpers.

305_421672.png

Our volunteers Steve Brady, Alfred Hopkins, Trevor Williams, Trevor Brown, Barry Eaton and Karl, our head groundsman making good progress but we still need more volunteers to come down and lend a hand.

14948_10151227525404103_30303488_n.jpg

894_10151227527779103_1697485603_n.jpg

Well done to everybody working to get the pitch cleared. If their efforts mean the game goes ahead, I think a namecheck on the PA (and round of applause) will be much deserved on Sunday.

Just hope we've not gone too soon though ... there's still a couple more frosty nights (and more snow) in the forecast ...

Dont forget if you have spare hour today, please head down to the South Leeds Stadium with your shovel to help clear the pitch of snow! FREE Tea & Coffee will be served to all helpers!!

Great to see the whole club rallying around to get the Lazenby Cup game on!

A massive thank you to the Hawks Ladies players and Staff who came to the South Leeds Stadium last night to help clear the pitch of snow, The helpers were Richard Grogan, Laura Wilson, Donna Tobitt, Stacy Burrows, Rosalind Lloyd, Steph Gelderd and Amy Alle! Fantastic effort! Well done!

251829_10151228737134103_1775079439_n.jpg

Should have left the snow on its the best insulator now the ground will freeze meaning the game won't be on.

Should have left the snow on its the best insulator now the ground will freeze meaning the game won't be on.

Thats if enough people turn up Satuday to clear it Daz , but you can't bank on people turning up , weather for fri (snow) , then sat and sun temp 5 degrees , should be ok

RFL frost covers will be placed on the pitch today once the snow is cleared.

Nearly there!! One half of the pitch has been marked out and the frost covers are on the way! Superb effort form everyone involved!! AND SO WE SHALL AGAIN

58277_10151228927069103_1225688588_n.jpg

Frost Covers nearly on, fantastic effort from everyone who has helped over the past two days!!

424474_10151229030649103_1838756652_n.jpg

Really hope you get the attendance you deserve for all the hard work done by everyone daz looking forward to it great job.

Really hope you get the attendance you deserve for all the hard work done by everyone daz looking forward to it great job.

Cheers Colin, hope to see u in the bar Sunday come and say hello and il buy you a pint, but don't ask for Daz, ask for Gaz ul have more chance of finding me haha!

Fantastic -- well done to everyone, and thanks for the photographs.

Think they all deseve a full page article in the programme for the Barrow game.

Cheers Colin, hope to see u in the bar Sunday come and say hello and il buy you a pint, but don't ask for Daz, ask for Gaz ul have more chance of finding me haha!

If I ask around for you will you get me a pint aswell mate

If I ask around for you will you get me a pint aswell mate

Of course i will mate! :D

Of course i will mate! :D

Looking forward to seeing us put the whinos to the sword on Sunday. I've got a good feeling this year

Should be a cracker of a game, Leeds are bringing a strong team for the first time in a lot of years and will probably have all 4 dual reg players in their starting lineup so will make it a extra tasty.

Also the game has never been so heavily publicised by both clubs and the local press, so were hoping for a good crowd. Leeds have sold a lot of tickets we are hearing so lets hope the Hunslet faithful turn out in force to make it a cracking atmosphere!

"Hunslet, Hunslet, Hunslet, Hunslet"

Should be a cracker of a game, Leeds are bringing a strong team for the first time in a lot of years and will probably have all 4 dual reg players in their starting lineup so will make it a extra tasty.

Also the game has never been so heavily publicised by both clubs and the local press, so were hoping for a good crowd. Leeds have sold a lot of tickets we are hearing so lets hope the Hunslet faithful turn out in force to make it a cracking atmosphere!

"Hunslet, Hunslet, Hunslet, Hunslet"

We'll need to get on the top deck pal and get behind the lads, cheer us to victory. COME ON THE HUNS!!!!!

We'll need to get on the top deck pal and get behind the lads, cheer us to victory. COME ON THE HUNS!!!!!

We will be there mate, just need all the rest of the lads to get out of the clubs and pubs of South Leeds and join us. Only £10 in to watch a cracking game and hopefully see us get one over on the old enemy! Why would you not be there?

We will be there mate, just need all the rest of the lads to get out of the clubs and pubs of South Leeds and join us. Only £10 in to watch a cracking game and hopefully see us get one over on the old enemy! Why would you not be there?

Are Sid, chopper, rik and Garbo going mate? Krankies coming and I think buster might even put a show in