Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

RLWC13 unveil Marriott Hotels & Resorts as official partner

24 posts in this topic

Rugby League World Cup 2013 unveil Marriott Hotels & Resorts as official partner

Rugby League World Cup 2013 today announced Marriott Hotels & Resorts as the Official Hotel Partner of the tournament. Marriott will host all 14 competing nations at base camps across the UK and Ireland.

Sally Bolton, RLWC2013 Tournament General Manager said: “It’s fantastic that we are able to announce Marriott Hotels & Resorts as our Official Hotel Partner today. They will provide an excellent service to our teams and just as importantly to both our home fans and the influx of overseas visitors the tournament will bring.

“This announcement is a great way for us to kick off the year and is the first of a raft of partnerships we will be announcing over the coming months.”

Osama Hirzalla, vice president brand marketing and ecommerce for Marriott International in Europe said: “We are delighted to have been chosen by RLWC2013 as the tournament’s Official Hotel Partner. It will be a privilege to host the teams at our hotels across the UK as they prepare for their biggest sporting challenge, and we also hope to welcome the many thousands of fans from the UK and across the world as they travel to support their countries.”

Excellent new - Marriott is a top class name to get on board - very surprised and pleased its not Holiday Inn, Days Inn etc...

Great news - nobody should complain about this! Quite a prestigious brand.

Great news - nobody should complain about this! Quite a prestigious brand.

You'd think - but there is already people moaning saying it's not upmarket due to the last time they stayed at one...

Daily Mail and/or Stephen Jones:

Rugby League in bed with Osama.

Anyhoo, good stuff, I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

The adchoices banner at the top of this site is already advertising Marriot - they are getting promotion already :)

The adchoices banner at the top of this site is already advertising Marriot - they are getting promotion already :)

Mine's advertising Ibis!

Mine's advertising Ibis!

Your computer has been hacked by Margaret Ratcliffe!

Thumbs. Up. It's been a good news week!

Mine's advertising Ibis!

Ibis, Ibis Styles or Ibis Budget?

Beginning to reel from all this good news.

Got a good weekend deal in the London Docklands Marriott last year. Great place.

I also remember reading Tom Coates has got some kind of RLWC PR gig, does that mean he can interview himself for Rugby League World magazine?

More good news ! Be even better if there was a linked deal for club season ticket holders or something similar, I'd like to support our sponsors - have switched from worthingtons smooth flow to Tetleys already !

Mine's advertising Ibis!

Mine's advertising some old bird who apparently only lives three miles away from me. :O

Doesn't the advertising take into account the ip addresses you last visited and then the advertisement comes up which relates to that. For example mines ebay a lot of the time. Rioman has some explaining to do ;)

Anyways great news for RL been a positive week thus far.

Mine's advertising some old bird who apparently only lives three miles away from me. :O

I get that one a lot, bit ropey looking if you ask me!

Oddly enough, I get them same bird wherever in the country I log on and she's still 3 miles away. I think I might have a stalking problem.

Back to Marriott, excellent news. Massive worldwide chain associated with our sport, superb :)