Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

South Wakefield Sharks

Workington benefit from World Cup

12 posts in this topic

Great news about the wider benefits of the World Cup. Great to see ground improvements on the back of winning the rights to host World Cup matches.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/town/world-cup-work-on-target-at-workington-town-s-derwent-park-stadium-1.1029685?referrerPath=sport#.UP_brA3fKnY.twitter

Have bought my ticket for the Tonga v Scotland game, just need to wait for k.o times to see if I can fit in the Scotland v Italy game as well, since it's on the same day as Wales v USA at Wrexham. I suspect though that it won't be possible to do both.

Excellent news - long lasting as well. I watched wigan v working ton many years ago and it was sooooooo cold, hope they install under terrace heating! great lace to watch league.

Its great news for us up here, its hopefully going to be a great few games at Derwent Park. Our club has seen a few years of slow but sure progress, headed by Dave Bowden who has only just stepped down. Be great to see anyone who travels up for a game, we will be sure to give you a good welcome. But you can buy your own beer.

But you can buy your own beer.

No deal!

I rather stupidly booked terrace tickets for the Scotland v Italy game (money was tight before Christmas) - they aren't installing radiators by any chance are they? :ph34r:

I rather stupidly booked terrace tickets for the Scotland v Italy game (money was tight before Christmas) - they aren't installing radiators by any chance are they? :ph34r:

Just find a Sellafield worker and stand next to them, you'll get a nice warm glow from them....

No deal!

Ok, I will buy you a Bass Shandy, final offer.

Ok, I will buy you a Bass Shandy, final offer.

I'll settle for a lemonade

I'll settle for a lemonade

I wish all my dates were this cheap and easy....

I wish all my dates were this cheap and easy....

I never said I was easy!

Just cheap

Don't worry October and November are usually our warmest months. ;) ;)

I never said I was easy!

I`ll be the judge of that thank you very much.