Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flyingking

See it can be done, England triumph over unbeatable Australia

7 posts in this topic

Good for them.

But to translate it into RL language; 'a paltry crowd of 7000 sponge finger wavers turned up to see them beat the worst touring Aussie side ever'

Good for them.

But to translate it into RL language; 'a paltry crowd of 7000 sponge finger wavers turned up to see them beat the worst touring Aussie side ever'

:D:lol:

I knew about this as it was on the radio on the way home. I forgot all about it but it was being beamed to millions in the right places. I reckon McNamara could do no worse than bring them in to chat to the Elite Training squad, or at least their coaching staff to help break down that mental barrier.

It was brilliant to see - and not just because of the length of the skirts.

The players talked a lot about how in the past they'd had equal skills but never believed they could close out games. In both matches there were times when the aussies would have expected to come back and make England fold but the English managed to hang in there mentally.

Live on Five Live and Sky Sports although The Guardian which has been having a mini flag waving because 'the media' doesn't cover women's sport hasn't got a report that I can see.

Saw the ad on Sky Sports and didn't bother because I expected England to lose. Looks like I'm slowly turning into a RL fan ;)

Saw the ad on Sky Sports and didn't bother because I expected England to lose. Looks like I'm slowly turning into a RL fan ;)

Netball was so much better in the fifties and would be better with Promotion and Relegation :D

Netball was so much better in the fifties and would be better with Promotion and Relegation :D

It does have a franchised Super League, y'know.