Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

South Wakefield Sharks

New Sky SL promo

72 posts in this topic

Bradley Wiggins cycling up a whopping great hill, talking about "the toughest sport", and being overtaken by Sam Tomkins before adding deep down I'd love to be a RL player, but it's too tough for me!

Phil Caplan: "Sky Sports Super League preview ad genius, celebrity endorsement par excellence, why wouldn't that association appeal to potential sponsors".

That looks gooooood !

That's the best TV promo of RL I have seen. It's class. I do hope Sky show it across all its sports channels - and anywhere else it feels like - as it's just fantastic.

Great little promo.

Is this in Britain? Can't be many places in Britain like that, Outer Hebrides maybe?

Phil Caplan: "Sky Sports Super League preview ad genius, celebrity endorsement par excellence, why wouldn't that association appeal to potential sponsors".

it's a conspiracy i tells ya.

Great ad

Rugby League fans will be looking forward to season anyway, what this does is catch the attention of non RL fans, and by associasion with Wiggins a few might well have a look at our great sport

They should have had a Catalans player with Tomkins and staged it in the alps near Perpignan just to showcase the geographical spread of SL but its impressive as it is.

Great little promo.

Is this in Britain? Can't be many places in Britain like that, Outer Hebrides maybe?

Serra de tramontana mountain range Majorca.

[Daily Mail and/or Stephen Jones mode] Olympic hero Sir Bradley harassed by league lout in hoodie.

Just seen it on YouTube, best promo since the battlefield one that launched superleague

Just seen it on YouTube, best promo since the battlefield one that launched superleague

I remember that one with former spurs goalkeeper Ian walker wearing a pair of sunglasses sitting in a deckchair, if I'm not mistaken.

It might just be me, but I thought it was a cycling advert for most of it and stopped paying attention! Hopefully the public have better attention spans than me (or like cycling and pay more attention!).

Share it! Facebook and twitter it via sky sports video website link.

[stevo]Syuperb!!![/stevo]

great advert for the game. Hope it get's alot of airtime.

It might just be me, but I thought it was a cycling advert for most of it and stopped paying attention! Hopefully the public have better attention spans than me (or like cycling and pay more attention!).

No, I'm with you. I expected more and thought it was the wrong link at 1st. I think they should have had more of Tomkins face early on, otherwise, it's an alright ad using a friend of League to help promote it.

I liked it. Im not a massive fan of the loud rock music approach with players diving to score tries. Some thought and care has gone into this.

Would love to see more of these with other famous people and more RL players.

I think that's sort of the point. People that are SL fans already know SL is starting soon and is on Sky Sports. They're targetting this at people that weren't necessarily going to watch in the first place.