Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

South Wakefield Sharks

New Sky SL promo

I like it. I think people get used to the 'big tackle, tries' ads, lovely though they can be. This one will catch people's attention who may normally tune out. More to come I reckon

Excellent advert, seeing as though the whole country is cycling mad at the moment it would have been stupid not to get wiggins involved in promoting rl, great stuff!

if theres one thing which is a 100% certainty in this world, its RL fans moaning about things such as this.. which is an excellent promo. Facebook, twitter, the various RL forums..

Naturally everyone has an opinion but it seems certain fans react like they've just been robbed at gun point, not having just watched a TV promo.. i'm sure some of these fans would find fault with winning the lottery.

if theres one thing which is a 100% certainty in this world, its RL fans moaning about things such as this.. which is an excellent promo. Facebook, twitter, the various RL forums..

Naturally everyone has an opinion but it seems certain fans react like they've just been robbed at gun point, not having just watched a TV promo.. i'm sure some of these fans would find fault with winning the lottery.

TBF I haven't seen anybody say they don't like this ad.

Love the advert, no sign of a rugby ball, a tackle or a fight....... Just comments from an elite athlete saying just how tough our game is.

Love it, shame Sam had a Warriors top on, maybe he could have had a bespoke supermen top made for him.

TBF I haven't seen anybody say they don't like this ad.

Some of the Facebook comments Dave:

this is awful... are the players riding bikes on the pitch this year?

Awfull
rubbish advert......
Poor ad, Wiggo maybe king but he has a dull voice. His script is ok, but a Rugby League ad without any Rugby in it?! It's moor like an ad for cycling.
Load of ###### it's just a ad for team sky !! Waste of time for Tompkins even being there !!! Talk about self promotion ...... Where's the action the thrill the excitement for what rugby league is all about ?
this is ######
Rubbish and misleading promo video! But, I do agree that atheletes and celebs like Wiggins, Rooney, Ferdinand can all enhance and promote our sport hugely.

Some of the Facebook comments Dave:

Awesome!

The positive I suppose is that the negative comments are usually difficult to avoid, the fact I haven't seen many suggest that there may be fewer mentalists than usual.

I haven't seen any RL journalists comment about it on twitter so I'm guessing they're struggling to locate something bad to say?

Very good promo and only in RL could anyone find fault.

And in a sense , they don't matter....unless the ad drives them away. Its the lapsed and potential new fans that 'll be the target.

Been watching all of the sky coverage from the tour down under and sky have been showing a shortened version of the promo at every ad break. Can only be good for RL and I really don't understand the negative comments.

While I don't agree with those complaints, I can say I felt a little of the same when watching the SL review on sky over Christmas. Besides it being a bit rubbish unless you're in the top 4, the use of boxing irratated me. Yes, it was for cliché purposes, but I can't imagine the sky boxing review using an RL undercurrent, after all the similes must work both ways.

However this sky ad took a similar idea and did it very well.

I haven't seen any RL journalists comment about it on twitter so I'm guessing they're struggling to locate something bad to say?

I tweeted how much I loved it the other night... :D

I could be wrong, but I think Ryan Hall may feature on Soccer AM this week. Dont think he is a guest as such, but one of the guys from the show was asking about him on twitter and mentioned it would be this saturday.

There was also an article on Kevin Sinfield in todays Sunday Times.

Back on topic, thought it was brilliant