Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

casablanca

Widnes dual reg players agreement

120 posts in this topic

There's a few on the main board who have a real hard on over this, the main 2 being a barra fan and a keighley fan. Fans of clubs who have made very good use of the dual reg system over the past few seasons, which I find to be very hypocritical of them. I suppose the fact neither of their clubs are making use of this system has nothing to do with there bitterness.

No I wouldn't be happy and if that is the case and Widnes have no input into who town get then why DR players the likes of brown who if fit you have no chance of getting.Think you are being very naive if you think Widnes don't see players getting a blow.out as an option

You also have to consider the impact that could have on your own players.This where the system is floored ,how can being able to DR a full squad be good for the game,but that's another debate

As for being worried with the 2 props we have just signed and the 2 names mentioned coming from saints one thing I'm not doing is worrying about town

So if you are not having another dig at Town tell me how Wood's can state that he will have the pick of players at Saints who are not in the first team squad for that week? That could include Roby, say, returning from injury. Would Wood's have no option but to play him if Saints say so? There's no difference other than Town and Widnes have said that the whole Widnes squad (except Hock and overseas visa players) would be dual registered. How can Wood's have the pick at Saints if they aren't so registered? If, you are saying that is not the case then which players at Saints are dual registered as I haven't seen any names publicised.

But who's to say they won't give Brett etc a once over

They have tried, can't afford him.

None are dual reg at the mo so how can you say its the same ,I think he will assess where we need improvment and then DR or season loan players to compliment that.quite a bit different to me

You're in dreamworld son. Toddle off back to deluded fans and spout your rubbish on there. Jealousy is a funny thing.......

None are dual reg at the mo so how can you say its the same ,I think he will assess where we need improvment and then DR or season loan players to compliment that.quite a bit different to me

Which is what Charlo and Oggy will be doing the only difference is that they don't have to wait until the week before to register the players, which, incidentally, I don't accept for one minute is what Dave Woods will be doing either. He and Saints will know now which players they are talking about and they will be registered now.

Realy jealous you can't even raise a team,we have a 4 day training camp and game in France you couldn't even have 7 a side match between yourselves

Back to your point Keith

I'm not saying he will wait until each week,I'm saying he will have assessed the squad so far and carrying on doing so then DR /loan players in positions he wants to strengthen ,not DR a full squad and pick at random

I'd expect Adam swift to be one as we have little cover for the wing,also I'd expect a prop/2nd row ,but I don't expect and I'd be very disappointed if we DR the full squad cause to me that is the start of a slippery slope .you may think not and that's fine time will tell how it operates

Ah there we go, I knew this cretin couldnt go more than 2 posts without acting the ######. Well done, now sod off will ya, adults are talking.

So how many do you think are registered to play for Haven, 3, 5, 7 ..........? How do you know now what injuries you are going to have that require say a centre or a hooker and so on? You may know where you think your team is light at this moment but the season runs for 6 or 7 months. You still didn't answer my question about whether Woods would allow Saints to dictate to him if say Roby was needing a 20/30 minute cameo role as you expected Charlo and Oggy to bow to with Widnes?

Ah there we go, I knew this cretin couldnt go more than 2 posts without acting the ######. Well done, now sod off will ya, adults are talking.

think you will find geordie town started the slagging not me

Yeh the cover slipped there for a tad and the bile came to the fore ... Who cares what happens in preaseason . We'll raise a competitive team when the music starts , no worries. Keith's right , don't get carried away with this ' full squad ' stuff . It's just words , in practice it'll work the same as other link ups . Supplementing when necessary . You have us down as Widnes A ! It's just a way of giving room for manoeuvre , not to be taken literally . Our guys have faith in our squad . It's more to do with numbers available being maintained and not getting in to the situation from the back end of last season . We're being prepared ... Haven will be on to Saints if they hit problems I bet , we're just being upfront .Talks cheap and easy before a balls been kicked .

I see the inbred obsessives down the road actually have more pages on their forum about this than we do, how pathetic is that :lol:

H4E do you know for certain how the Haven/Saints link up will work or are you just going from what was reported in the Haven fanzine??

I don't think anyone on here is naive as nobody knows exactly how our two clubs will work it, but I'm certain our BOD and coaches won't sell themselves short. You are fishing again mate!!

There's a few on the main board who have a real hard on over this, the main 2 being a barra fan and a keighley fan. Fans of clubs who have made very good use of the dual reg system over the past few seasons, which I find to be very hypocritical of them. I suppose the fact neither of their clubs are making use of this system has nothing to do with there bitterness.

Being a Keighley supporter who is not bitter,I just don't want this to happen to our league.Surely you can see the many flaws in this agreement and I feel it is just a slippery road to disaster .If we (Keighley) did as you and many other clubs have done then I would walk away from the game I love.

So how many do you think are registered to play for Haven, 3, 5, 7 ..........? How do you know now what injuries you are going to have that require say a centre or a hooker and so on? You may know where you think your team is light at this moment but the season runs for 6 or 7 months. You still didn't answer my question about whether Woods would allow Saints to dictate to him if say Roby was needing a 20/30 minute cameo role as you expected Charlo and Oggy to bow to with Widnes?

Keith for some one who is supposed to be opposed to these links ups your putting up a good defence for it ill give you that

Lets look at why DR was introduced

It was to give championship clubs access to young players who have the potential to play SL but are not ready for it week in week out

It was to give the player a chance to play at a higher level than academy and develop further as a player

it was to give the SL club a chance to look at how they perform and develop at a higher level

Did it work? well if you look at kyle amor or dave petersen,Zak hardacker i would say yes

clubs benefited from have a quality player to select

players certainly developed playing at a higher level

SL clubs got to see if they could make it or not

This is what DR was introduced for and it did work, players had to been under a certain age you could only have so many registered and it did not resemble in any way what is happening now

tell me if brown from widnes or robey from saints were on DR would any of the above apply

you may think they would,but the club would not benefit from a 20 min cameo to get some game time under the belt, in fact i would say that kind of disruption would do more harm than good.

Player is already playing at a higher level so no benefit there

SL club is fully aware of how they perfom at a higher level so no benfit there

As for coaches being dictated too ,unless you have another reason why the likes of brown etc are on DR other than to get game time if they get injured then i would say that's exactley how any SL club will see it working Widnes,saints,hull and that's why i don't like the link ups full stop , would rather have the old DR system

Being a Keighley supporter who is not bitter,I just don't want this to happen to our league.Surely you can see the many flaws in this agreement and I feel it is just a slippery road to disaster .If we (Keighley) did as you and many other clubs have done then I would walk away from the game I love.

Of course there are flaws, just like there were flaws In dual reg yet your club and I'm guessing the majority of your fans were happy to see It used. As for this agreement, I've said I'm not happy with us having to make use of it, but I do understand why we are. How will it go? I have no idea, and neither do you. Lets just see what happens shall we.

Haven4ever, do you think saints will be able to dictate to your mob who they have to play?

Haven4ever, do you think saints will be able to dictate to your mob who they have to play?

no cause as yet we have no DR's and if we get say 3 or 4 young players on DR i would say no they wouldn't as long as they are being used, but it we had robey or wellens on DR and they were coming back from injury i would expect that if saints wanted to give them game time before SL then we would haveto accomadate that wether we liked it or not

other wise what is the point of them being DR as they are not going to play for us on a regular basis are they

can anyone come up with any other reason why these top players would be registered on DR, if you can ill listen but i can think of any other

How many players during the season can be dual regged by a club? Do you not think saints could send a recovering roby with explicit Instructions that you will need to obey? How Is It in any way different to towns set up with widnes.

With due respect Holymoly, I think you are talking to the wrong people. You should be talking to the clubs that started all this as we joined at a very late stage because of what had gone before starting with the Leeds/Hunslet link up, then Saints/Rochdale/Haven link up and so on. After 10 years in Championship 1 for us it was damned if we do and damned if we dont join up. Many of us didn't want this system but we have had no say in it as it was all decided by the SL clubs at a meeting up here in Cumbria, followed by the Leeds/Hunslet announcement before the Championship clubs had had a meeting to discuss it. Us Town fans are happy enough with our squad of players when they are all fully fit and available but last season by the end of the season we had lads playing carrying knocks and we lost the title through that. This gives us a little bit more of an insurance that we will not be forced to put out weakened teams, which attracts no-one.

DKW yes i do think they could that's why i preffer the old DR andwhy i hope we dont DR the saints squad, i would rather have 3 or 4 young players on DR that can be rotated and if you need say a hooker fine but you have to unregister one before you can get another , would also like the age limit to be applied again to stop clubs being used to give top players game time after injury.You seem to think this is all against town but its not , its this all link up as a whole, i except at the moment its a case of your in or you miss out, but the rules are such that i think clubs could end up losing there identity

there's no limit to how many you can DR but you can only use 5 at any one time (which again i think is too many) potential a third of a team could be made up of players from another club how is that a good thing

Haven4ever, I am opposed to the system and that has been my stance since it was first talked about. Like you, I thought that the Under 23 dual registration system was the way forward with a few minor adjustments but once the SL clubs decided that they didn't want the cost of running an Under 18's and an Under 20's team to save £100k, we all got lumbered with what we have.

They had their meeting, Leeds joined up with Hunslet and before the Championship clubs had even held their meeting the ball was rolling. I think I am right in saying that your club was next with Rochdale and Saints to link up and at one point I thought that Town were not going to go down that road.

However, seeing the quality of some of the players that other clubs were going to be getting to play against us it was a case of dow we want to be left behind here or jump on the wagon. I admire the lesser clubs like Keighley and Barrow who have decided not to link up even though they are not as strong as Fev, Fax, Sheffield and Leigh, but I also think that at some point during the season they will be approaching SL clubs for one or two or three dual registered players.

I think a lot as been made of the fact that Widnes have elected to make all their squad (with exceptions) dual registered but I think that is more to do with Betts showing all his players that coming to Town is a step to getting back in to the first team and that includes his star players. No-one at Town expects any of those players to ever pull on a Town shirt but it suits others, like you, to have a dig on that score.

I sense bitterness and potential jealousy from blackcurrant preserve chowing part of the county. Must be demoralising to be more worried about what your near neighbours are doing rather than your own band of merry trophy dodgers lol.

Anyway after alot of years of lost interest i'm looking forward to getting down to the world cup stadium of cumbria to see whats what this season....cant wait in fact, i've even decided to register on here instead of just looking from the outside!

On another note its a shame Hock hasn't been DR'd. In june when widnes play wigan Town are at home, imagine what it would've been like if Hock played for Town that week as he's not allowed to play against wigan

So the only difference between towns deal and the jameaters deal is we potentially have more flexibility and choice. Yet that apparently is wrong. How very odd.

The difference is we have no DR's yet and read my posts again the issue is with the link ups in general not just how town have approached it