Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

casablanca

Widnes dual reg players agreement

120 posts in this topic

did haven sign another prop today?? i believe they did ,yet some haven fans are more concerned about Workington Town.

Haven4ever, I am opposed to the system and that has been my stance since it was first talked about. Like you, I thought that the Under 23 dual registration system was the way forward with a few minor adjustments but once the SL clubs decided that they didn't want the cost of running an Under 18's and an Under 20's team to save £100k, we all got lumbered with what we have.

They had their meeting, Leeds joined up with Hunslet and before the Championship clubs had even held their meeting the ball was rolling. I think I am right in saying that your club was next with Rochdale and Saints to link up and at one point I thought that Town were not going to go down that road.

However, seeing the quality of some of the players that other clubs were going to be getting to play against us it was a case of dow we want to be left behind here or jump on the wagon. I admire the lesser clubs like Keighley and Barrow who have decided not to link up even though they are not as strong as Fev, Fax, Sheffield and Leigh, but I also think that at some point during the season they will be approaching SL clubs for one or two or three dual registered players.

I think a lot as been made of the fact that Widnes have elected to make all their squad (with exceptions) dual registered but I think that is more to do with Betts showing all his players that coming to Town is a step to getting back in to the first team and that includes his star players. No-one at Town expects any of those players to ever pull on a Town shirt but it suits others, like you, to have a dig on that score.

The teams mentioned Keith can not have any DR players. The teams that haven't linked up can only loan players no DRs allowed. We won't be loaning though as we have depth all over. We have cover for every position this season which we haven't had any other season. I know you don't agree with the link ups Keith and you know how I feel about them. But I also know it was a must for the so called lower teams in our league and I accept that. My beef isn't with the champ clubs Its more to do with where the system is heading.

did haven sign another prop today?? i believe they did ,yet some haven fans are more concerned about Workington Town.

Mentioned it in an earlier post but thanks for keeping up with all things haven;-)

I, there saying on their forum that they have signed up someone else, wonder if this one is Local!!!!

The fans are picking there 13 for next weeks game, and guess how many locals are in the 13? the grand total of wait for it -----3

I was talking to an ex coach of theres the other day and he was disgusted in how many travellers they now have compared to locals.

Well I suppose it will fillup a couple of houses on Mirehouse :lol:

I, there saying on their forum that they have signed up someone else, wonder if this one is Local!!!!

The fans are picking there 13 for next weeks game, and guess how many locals are in the 13? the grand total of wait for it -----3

I was talking to an ex coach of theres the other day and he was disgusted in how many travellers they now have compared to locals.

Well I suppose it will fillup a couple of houses on Mirehouse :lol:

I really wouldnt go down the local route mate given your best chance of actually feilding a team next week depends on who Denis Betts lefts you have

As for 3 locals

Maca

Calvert

Newton

Palmer

Cullnean

Sice

There's 6 just for starters

So far out of a squad of 25 we have 7 who will not be or living local ,you will have more travellers in your team next week

never let the truth get in the way of a good #####

I really wouldnt go down the local route mate given your best chance of actually feilding a team next week depends on who Denis Betts lefts you have

4 minutes and a bite. Result :lol: :lol: :lol:

The teams mentioned Keith can not have any DR players. The teams that haven't linked up can only loan players no DRs allowed. We won't be loaning though as we have depth all over. We have cover for every position this season which we haven't had any other season. I know you don't agree with the link ups Keith and you know how I feel about them. But I also know it was a must for the so called lower teams in our league and I accept that. My beef isn't with the champ clubs Its more to do with where the system is heading.

Gaz, you and the rest of the Fev fans, and possibly Halifax, are lucky to have such strength in depth and I wasn't just meaning your teams but more likely teams like Barrow and Keighley, who are not quite as well off for players as you. On the Leigh forum they are already discussing if they will need to approach Wigan to borrow one or two players for their opening matches after having four of their players injured in last nights friendly with Swinton. Never say never though Gaz.

Gaz, you and the rest of the Fev fans, and possibly Halifax, are lucky to have such strength in depth and I wasn't just meaning your teams but more likely teams like Barrow and Keighley, who are not quite as well off for players as you. On the Leigh forum they are already discussing if they will need to approach Wigan to borrow one or two players for their opening matches after having four of their players injured in last nights friendly with Swinton. Never say never though Gaz.

I know what you mean Keith and I understand. That's nice to know Leigh have four injured players we play them a week tomorrow

I've just done a quick head count and at the present time I work out that we require 2 or 3 players from Widnes for next weeks game.

Fit players as far as we know are :-

Carter

Patrick

Morris

Mossop

Calderwood

Forber

Coyle

Coward

Phillips. C

Dowes

Shackley

Stack

Olstrum

Walne

Robinson

Then we have :-

Acton - suspended

Thackray - suspended

Mattinson - injured

Miller - injured

Lupton - injured

Rooney - injured

Dawes J - injured

Phillips B - injured

I think there is a good chance that Brett Phillips and Lupton could be fit.

I thought the coaches were saying they didn't think they would be ready in time for the first game!!!!

Hope Lupton makes it . Good interview with him today and good to hear his views on his playing position.

I really hope the lad shines this year , he deserves it and it'll be great for him showing his skills as a third ball player ,

especially given young Callum's involvement . He'll be a real help and steadying influence. Maybe three yeh with Carter

to Walne then hopefully Lupton. And as we say that's how it should work , giving quality yes but giving numbers foremost , with no first teamer pushed out.

Mentioned it in an earlier post but thanks for keeping up with all things haven;-)

Then surely a new haven player merits more interest from you haven fans than the town/widnes link up,by the way thacks and dowes love frogs legs.

By the way what day do Widnes name their match day squad ? Is it late in the week .

haven4ever you seem to have a different view on this subject than brett kinghams mullet does on the haven site. do you know him??? lol

By the way what day do Widnes name their match day squad ? Is it late in the week .

I think they have to name 19 players by Wednesday

Hope Lupton makes it . Good interview with him today and good to hear his views on his playing position.

I really hope the lad shines this year , he deserves it and it'll be great for him showing his skills as a third ball player ,

especially given young Callum's involvement . He'll be a real help and steadying influence. Maybe three yeh with Carter

to Walne then hopefully Lupton. And as we say that's how it should work , giving quality yes but giving numbers foremost , with no first teamer pushed out.

where is this interview David?

brett phillips wont be playing sunday and shacks is supposably also a doubt. luppy said in the paper he was hoping to be fit and wanted to be playing 13.

Has Luptons hand injury completely healed ? I would love to see the best of him this season.

Anyone know when Matty, Elliott and the rest of our crocks are due back ?

HOLYMOLY you clearer don't have a clue

Neither will you when you see who runs out on the field for your team.

instead of chanting your team players name you will have to use their number because you won't have a clue who it is

Holymoly just let us worry about our team and who plays for us.Now just jog along worry about your own team thats a good lad.

Neither will you when you see who runs out on the field for your team.

instead of chanting your team players name you will have to use their number because you won't have a clue who it is

Why does it bother you?