Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marklaspalmas

RUNNING IN THE FAMILY.

154 posts in this topic

Ha! What a memory! I've just looked it up, and it was as you said. I was definitely there that day, but I don't remember a single thing from that match! I guess AA must have coaxed him out of semi-retirement for one last game. Lyman wasn't really establsihed at LF in 83/4. Mostly it was Tex Hudson at 13 that year.

I had a feeling that Paul hadn't made it at that point, mate. That explains it thanks.

Was George Johnson Jnr the same guy who was the team manager for Cas & District juniors in the late sixties/early seventies? The bloke I'm thinking of would have been in his sixties when I played for the district side around that time. It would tie up with him signing for Rovers in 1931?

I may be wrong here Mark and if i'm not you might know about it anyway, but I seem to remember Tim Slatters son playing one or possibly two games for Rovers.

I may be wrong here Mark and if i'm not you might know about it anyway, but I seem to remember Tim Slatters son playing one or possibly two games for Rovers.

Correct Jimmy. Anthony did play a few first team games on the wing.

Well done again Mark. I enjoyed reading about the Ramshaws. Looking at the picture of Terry above just illustrates the size of the crowd they got that day v the Aussies, if only these days.

I remember seeing Jason as a young ball boy in the mid 80s down at Rovers. I think he ended up being a police officer in his playing days at Halifax.

One of my favourite players. And his dad. And his grandad.

http://marklaspalmas.blogspot.com.es/2013/03/horace-lyman-ray-lyman-and-paul-lyman.html

Lyman.jpg

One of mine too. He still watches all the Rovers games, sometimes if it is really cold in his Hull KR hat! I remember first seeing him in the Wigan 9-9 game before. Wembley, possibly his debut. He nearly scored a length of the fielder. If it wasn't his debut it was the game that cemented his name on the squad sheet. Bosh's fortune unfortunately was another great Keith Bell's misfortune, as he missed out on the squad.

I always remember Paul scoring a great hat-trick in the snow,v Widnes in a challenge cup game in 86. He's a real good lad to talk to and still looks fit enough to play Championship grade RL even at the age of 47.

Mick Morgan definitely had a brother that played pro RL, it could have been Dennis. It may have been Terry also, Terry playing for York in the early 80s. Am I imagining that Mick was related to Arnie in some way as well?

Mick Morgan definitely had a brother that played pro RL, it could have been Dennis. It may have been Terry also, Terry playing for York in the early 80s. Am I imagining that Mick was related to Arnie in some way as well?

Andrew, i grew up near Mick in leatham crescent, purston. he had a sister, Brenda i think. Dennis was his uncle, i think, maybe a cousin. i remember going with mick one evening down to POR to see Dennis play for redhill when he was playing amateur. bit of a character was Dennis.

Andrew, i grew up near Mick in leatham crescent, purston. he had a sister, Brenda i think. Dennis was his uncle, i think, maybe a cousin. i remember going with mick one evening down to POR to see Dennis play for redhill when he was playing amateur. bit of a character was Dennis.

Thanks old en. Your right they were cousins, come to think of it I remember Mick telling me on the train to Leeds a few years ago. By the way lovely to see you again last night, hope everything goes well.

A

Thanks old en. Your right they were cousins, come to think of it I remember Mick telling me on the train to Leeds a few years ago. By the way lovely to see you again last night, hope everything goes well.

A

cheers Andrew, all the best with your new venture.

Another famous Featherstone family, the Morgans....

http://marklaspalmas.blogspot.com.es/2013/03/joe-morgan-luke-morgan-and-tom-morgan.html

But how are they all related, if at all?

They're a lot of different Morgan families in Featherstone, it's just working out who is related to who, and how?