Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Les Tonks Sidestep

Where's Gav?

226 posts in this topic

Still convinced we're not going down the path of feeder clubs then Gav?

http://www.widnesvik...le.php?id=10314

"Widnes Vikings today announces the majority of its first team squad have been dual registered with our partner-club, Workington Town."

I'm here. And yes. They can still only play up to 5 at a time. They still need their own squad of Workington players.

I'm here. And yes. They can still only play up to 5 at a time. They still need their own squad of Workington players.

Five this year Gav! Do you really think it will stay at that?

playing 5 at a time or not.... this looks and smells like a feeder club system to me! Absolutely bloody ridiculous.

Do away with the 23's and get a load of fringe players....

Another right load of crapola from the RFL.

But they don't need a full squad anymore as there are 5 Widnes players available every week - not just 5 named DRs.

As I just posted in the main forum, what happens if Workington have a key game in the bid to syat up/make the play-offs etc and Widnes don't have a game or a fixture that won't impact on their own league position. Could we see 5 of Widnes's top players suddenly turning out for Workington?

If we must have DR, pick your 5 players and that's your lot. No swapping and changing.

As I just posted in the main forum, what happens if Workington have a key game in the bid to syat up/make the play-offs etc and Widnes don't have a game or a fixture that won't impact on their own league position. Could we see 5 of Widnes's top players suddenly turning out for Workington?

If we must have DR, pick your 5 players and that's your lot. No swapping and changing.

I don't agree with DR at all Gaz, but your suggestion makes much more sense than registering the whole 1st team squad.

Bloody ridiculous.

I believe 5 players only was how it was 'sold' originally but as many pointed out at the time there was no 'official' statement from the RFL on the actual rules. Many saw this coming at the time.

Unfortunately it'll be too late before the likes of Gav wake up to what's actually happening.

So if (say) Gareth Hock picks up a knock and needs a runout on his return from injury, he can pitch up for Workington in a Championship match?

So if (say) Gareth Hock picks up a knock and needs a runout on his return from injury, he can pitch up for Workington in a Championship match?

Provided he's been DR'd

So glad we didn't entertain the idea. It looks like the champ is now feeder club galore. Oh well like I said before if there isn't a York , hunslet etc in 5 years time they only have themselves to blame there won't be any sympathy from me and I won't be putting money in a bucket to save a feeder club that's for sure.

Can't wait till the rump end of the season now - just imagine the excitement of a potential St Helens reserves v Widnes reserves clash to avoid relegation from the Championship/clinch the last play off spot :blink:

So now in theory the team that wins the League and GF can't say really they won it properly because if say we play Workington or whoever one week and they only have young uns DR and the next week fax play them and they have 5 Widnes first teams players in the squad and say we win the league by that one game I would agree we haven't won it fair and square. This is getting beyond a joke now a team stays up because they have better DR players than another team not because they have fought and recruited well to stay up. The RFL are making our sport a circus act.

Underneath all this outrage, let's not forget that the only difference to the loan system we've had for donkeys' years is the fact that these players don't need to be at the borrowing club for a minimum of a month.

This game is getting to be a joke i am getting more ###### off by the minute , i think its only deep seated memories why i still watch my beloved rovers.

So glad we didn't entertain the idea.

Featherstone would never have entertained the idea would they.

This game is getting to be a joke i am getting more ###### off by the minute , i think its only deep seated memories why i still watch my beloved rovers.

I totally agree. It's all about protecting and helping the SL clubs always as been and always will be. Like you say if it wasn't for rovers I would walk away from the game and never give it a second look. The RFL are killing a great sport slowly but surely.

Featherstone would never have entertained the idea would they.

No only teams that wear tinted glasses and have their eyes shut would entertain such a foolish idea.

I feel so sorry for barrow in all of this as they will probably go down now with them not being partnered and that's a real shame. A club trying to move up and build on its own now becomes virtually doomed before it can gain its feet. I just hope they stay up and if we so happen to walk this league which I very much doubt I hope we throw them 2 games to help them stay up and send 2 feeder clubs to deaths door.

I hope we throw them 2 games to help them stay up and send 2 feeder clubs to deaths door.

Dear me....

Dear me....

Simon I've got nothing against any club. I hope every club survives I don't want any club to go bust etc. But the RFL are making a mockery of our sport and if it takes their plans to fail for the top men at red hall to vacate their positions then so be it as drastic as it may seem. I'm sick to death of the RFL running a very good sport into the ground. They only care about the so called big teams in SL and SL its self.

Simon I've got nothing against any club. I hope every club survives I don't want any club to go bust etc. But the RFL are making a mockery of our sport and if it takes their plans to fail for the top men at red hall to vacate their positions then so be it as drastic as it may seem. I'm sick to death of the RFL running a very good sport into the ground. They only care about the so called big teams in SL and SL its self.

You are clearly contradicting your previous post!

Simon I've got nothing against any club. I hope every club survives I don't want any club to go bust etc.

Ahem....

I hope we throw them 2 games to help them stay up and send 2 feeder clubs to deaths door.

The short sightedness of the CHAMPIONSHIP chairmen are to blame for allowing it to happen; It is they that are running their clubs into oblivion;