Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ricardo Taylor

Ground Improvements

192 posts in this topic

As we are well aware our quest for Super League status took another giant leap when visible work started on the reclaimed stand project. Much hidden preparation work had already been achieved that was virtually unseen except to the expert eye.There is a brilliant set of fans that are giving up their time, experience and expertise under the guidance and leadership of Paul Coventry. This is only just the start of what can be decribed as a marathon process.

As with all project work unforseen costs are encounted that eat away at the monies allocated and budgeted for.

There are many fans of Featherstone who have talents and are unable to assist in a practical way due to work and a miriad of other very valid reasons.

I am in the process of creating a Ways and Means committee purely for the Ground Improvements.

I have pencilled a date for Tuesday 29th January to hold a meeting for interested people. The venue will be the Bradley Arms North Featherstone @ 8.00pm.

If you are interested in helping, please attend or sent me a PM expressing interest..

I am not on Face book or twitter so could some kind fans please post as from reading the forum threads many have defected to other social media methods.

Regards and thanks for reading this thread.

Ricardo the Jam Jar Man

Edited by Ricardo Taylor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As we are well aware our quest for Super League status took another giant leap when visible work started on the reclaimed stand project. Much hidden preparation work had already been achieved that was virtually unseen except to the expert eye.There is a brilliant set of fans that are giving up their time, experience and expertise under the guidance and leadership of Paul Coventry. This is only just the start of what can be decribed as a marathon process.

As with all project work unforseen costs are encounted that eat away at the monies allocated and budgeted for.

There are many fans of Featherstone who have talents and are unable to assist in a practical way due to work and a miriad of other very valid reasons.

I am in the process of creating a Ways and Means committee purely for the Ground Improvements.

I have pencilled a date for Tuesday 29th January to hold a meeting for interested people. The venue will be the Bradley Arms North Featherstone @ 8.00pm.

If you are interested in helping, please attend or sent me a PM expressing interest..

I am not on Face book or twitter so could some kind fans please post as from reading the forum threads many have defected to other social media methods.

Regards and thanks for reading this thread.

Ricardo the Jam Jar Man

Brads are shut from next week for refurbishment,plus I asked on the Facebook page for offers of things that were required and got nothing, so good luck on your quest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the help Maureen on both counts.The venue venue will now be the White House at 8;00 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A brief meeting was held last night at the White House to discuss a way forward to help with monies for ground improvements. Several short term positive ideas were discussed as well as some longer term aims and objectives to raise monies.

when these plans are finalised i will keep you all fully informed.

We plan to hold another meeting, possibly in February, when hopefully those who could not attend, so we can get really organised.

Stuart could you PM me with your e mail address. I tried to send you a mail this morning and it did not recognise the address given.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first fund raising venture will be rolled out shortly around various venues in Featherstone and Pontefract. I have 28 large sweet jars. containing pasta. The idea is to guess how many pieces are in. Each jar contains a differing amount and is sealed For just a £1 you could win a Featherstone Rovers shirt. I shall be using one myself at various events at the club and also local charity events

If you would like to take the responsibility for a jar please let be know. (thinking of a little further afield than Featherstone and Pontefract.

Regards

Ricardo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The next meeting will take place on Monday 18th February at 8:00pm at the Whitehouse Featherstone. All are welcome to join us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is any if the Probiz investment going towards the stadium development? Genuine question with no ulterior motive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your comments. The idea behind raising some monies to help with unforseen costs that eat away at any finances allocated for any major project work. Hence the group set up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is any if the Probiz investment going towards the stadium development? Genuine question with no ulterior motive.

As I understand, the Probiz money is in the main going on infrastructure investment, i.e. the ground and youth development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just a very polite reminder about the meeting on Monday night at the Whitehouse 8.00pm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just a very polite reminder about the meeting on Monday night at the Whitehouse 8.00pm

Richard I'm going to pin this thread for you, so you can post further meetings etc in here with out having to start a new thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jars of Pasta are in the process of being rolled out in featherstone and Pontefract. Those helping our cause so far are

The Lliquorice Bush Pontefract.

Southwells barbers Pontefract. Home of feathersone hero John Marsden

The White House Featherstone.

The Junction Featherstone

The Travellers Rest Featherstone

The Last Orders Featherstone.

More will be joining the squad soon.

Regards and thanks. Have a go. You know it makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just to let you all know i shall be calling another meeting, probably during the week after the Workington game to push things along with our fund raising.

Please remember that this is the fans contribution to all things Featherstone. Have a go at the Pasta jars at the pubs. We hope to be having a push at these venues over Easter to help raise some money for the ground development.

The Spread and Save will be also starting soon.

Regards

Ricardo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be another meeting on Tuesday night at the Whitehouse in Featherstone at 8.00pm. All are welcome to attend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there will be another meeting on Monday 27th May at 8.00pm. The venue will again be the White House

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jam and Marmalade will be available Sunday all proceeds to the ground improvements. Get behind those who are working wonders to make the Rovers ground even better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

managed to distribute several jars of jam and marmalade  distributed at the last home match. more will be available at the next home match. i shall be at the steps to the terracing by the turnstyles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two tins will be put on the bar in the club house for donations for the ground improvement fund. This is the fans contribution to the project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have another tin for the 1921 bar and will be giving out jam and marmalade in the club house after the game on Sunday and also at the screening  of the Halifax game on Thursday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to those who took jars last night and the brilliant donation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

more jars of jam and marmalade will be available after the match on Sunday. Please remember that this is the fans contribution for the ground improvements. Thanks for your support so far which has resulted in a concrete mixer being provided for the volunteers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks to those who took jars, handed jars in and made donations.It is really appreciated. More jars will be available all home matches this season.

I have some serious counting to do and will keep you all informed of monies recieved andwhat is is used for.

There are several jars on the bars in the clubhouse for the ground improvement fund.

Regards and thanks again

Ricardo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

more jars tonight folks after the match in the club house

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for those not on facebook, thanks for those who collected jars and the kind person that recently dropped off the Prune jar at the club shop.

THe stand looks excellent and this is the fans contribution for those unable to help during the working day.

Thanks again to you all for your help. Our club is the best in any league, but i am biased.

There is another fundraiser planned for December and details will follow when it is fully planned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Rugby League World - June 2017

League Express - Mon 17th July 2017