Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marshy1

Tonights Game

36 posts in this topic

I have just rung LSV (17.26pm) and the game is on. I asked if there was a chance it could be called off and the answer was no.

I have just rung LSV (17.26pm) and the game is on. I asked if there was a chance it could be called off and the answer was no.

Well done Alan (showing initiative), I was going to leave it till about 6.30pm myself and ring them.

Might be worth checking again before 7.00pm as the amount of snow falling could increase quite a bit. Main problems would face those who travel some distance away, say across the Pennines maybe.

Watch this space

• Just phoned LSV
  • Confirmation - Tonight's match is ON

Many thanks Mark.

Forgive me Phil but not bad with a new squad pretty much!

Our defensive effort was outstanding

Our attack pretty much reliant on opportunism

Amazing effort all round to play in a blizzard

Horrendous drive home down a slippery East lancs.

Just defrosting ....long johns still on and will probably walk themselves to the washer

Great credit to both teams for putting on a real show in terrible conditions. Really impressed with our defense which held out for a good 25 mins it seemed. Also I thought our kick and chase was excellent.

It's worth giving LSV praise for actually getting the game on and to the 801 who braved the snow.

The ref called an end to the game 5-10 mins early as the conditions got worse. The weather was very much a leveller, sad to say as Leigh looked a lot better than us. The lads put the effort in, good to see Smithy back!

Give us a few more games and we should be ok. However, the Workington game is a 6 pointer and we need a good start!

And I'll say it before Phil does. Barlow gave away another 2 silly penalties.

He did but I like the look of him, I get the impression he will be one of those players who upsets the opposition.

Credit to LSV and the players for getting the game on in the worst conditions since Leigh and Swinton met a few years ago and all Lions players who took part were given a medal by Tony Barrow at the end of season presentation night.

Couldn't it have been put back to Sunday? I can appreciate the players now have a weekend off, but playing in that weather took a lot of value out of the match and had a drastic effect on the gate.

Much more encouraging than the Salford performance, but the weather was the winner by a distance. Still grates that half the side are Warrington players.

If Birkett could've shown a bit more pace and made the most of his interception it could have been a shade more interesting, but no doubting the best side won.

The plus side was in defence and kicking game. The minus side was lack of power in the forwards and lack of penetration with ball in hand. A big hard running prop or two would make a huge difference.

That said, I fully expect a win of about 20 points against Workington next week.

Barlow looks good to me. I love the fact he injected needle into a friendly. he should go really well over the season.

lets face it we can all find things to moan about. but im happier today than i thought i would be. After all they will be there or there abouts come the end of the season. but hey, why look on the positive side of things when negativity is so much more appealing.

Also, hope the injury to Ballard isn't a bad un as I think he'll be a major piece in our jigsaw.

Barlow looks good to me. I love the fact he injected needle into a friendly. he should go really well over the season.

lets face it we can all find things to moan about. but im happier today than i thought i would be. After all they will be there or there abouts come the end of the season. but hey, why look on the positive side of things when negativity is so much more appealing.

Also, hope the injury to Ballard isn't a bad un as I think he'll be a major piece in our jigsaw.

I doubt had Ballard been on leigh would have caught him had he had the interception in the second half.

I went home slowly, but reasonably happy with what I saw.

I preferred it when aggression was used to our benefit, like when the three man tackle sent the Leigh man (no idea who it was), crashing to the ground, the ball on the floor.

Handing the opposition 40 yards doesn't seem too clever.

Morrison looked good yet again and Daz Hawkyard was back which will be massive for us. I do feel much better about the team than after the Salford game anyway! A victory of 12+ points would go down lovely next week!

Still grates that half the side are Warrington players.

Are you going to say that after every game? Its happening.

Still grates that half the side are Warrington players.

Are you going to say that after every game? Its happening.

I think we all agree its just moaning for the sake of moaning!

A win by 20 against town your in for a shock wel have the 3 points thanks c u next sunday

Once they pull that jersey on as far as i am concerned they are representing Swinton RLFC, As has previously been stated on another topic there is very little differance between a dual reg on a player you sign for a season in his own right. many of them show no loyalty and move on just look at Adam Higson.

A win by 20 against town your in for a shock wel have the 3 points thanks c u next sunday

oh how ive missed cumbria!

oh how ive missed cumbria!

I got that sarcasm Barnie!