Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marshy1

Tonights Game

36 posts in this topic

Yes workington town win swinton lions lose 3 points for workington town 0 points for swinton lions hahahahaha blue white army town town

Once they pull that jersey on as far as i am concerned they are representing Swinton RLFC, As has previously been stated on another topic there is very little differance between a dual reg on a player you sign for a season in his own right. many of them show no loyalty and move on just look at Adam Higson.

AJ gave your team 100 %.. We wanted him back and apart from last season has only ever played for our pro club.

And we wanted him to stay

He was great for the half a season he was fit. The point being hes not here anymore.

Strangely most leigh fans I read on forums dont rate him

Most swinton fans did.

Yes workington town win swinton lions lose 3 points for workington town 0 points for swinton lions hahahahaha blue white army town town

You make me sad inside.

Frankb I never said he didn't give 100% I merely used Adam as an example that todays players in many cases no longer commit to one club and so are not really much different to taking players on dual reg. I could easily have thrown Tom Armstrong into the mix along with many others. I certainly wouldn't question any player about the effort once on the field.

You make me sad inside.

and possibly the longest ever sentence written! Lol

Frankb I never said he didn't give 100% I merely used Adam as an example that todays players in many cases no longer commit to one club and so are not really much different to taking players on dual reg. I could easily have thrown Tom Armstrong into the mix along with many others. I certainly wouldn't question any player about the effort once on the field.

Its a two-way thing Alan. Clubs are at liberty to offer contracts lasting longer than 12 months if they so chose, but its a very rare event that they do so nowadays especially outside Super League.

Bryn Hargreaves reflected that players are treated no better than "pieces of meat" before his recent retirement at the age of 26. Admittedly that comment came on the back of the trauma at Bradford, but he had a point.

No mention of, glad to have glenn riley back then?? Everyone missed that great signing of us building the squad?

Also James Saltonstall?? thought they both looked promising and had solid games. If i read watsons article right in the advertiser these players could officially be lions players!