Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pie tries

Who should present the world cup ?

70 posts in this topic

Cliff Morgan who I believe is about 83 has always been very complimentary about RL, and I know he was on the point of signing RL in the fifties - perhaps he could present it - a link with all the great Welsh players who've played RL in the past - jsut a thought.

I'd like Prince Harry myself. His roguishness and sense of humour suit league well IMO.

Rylan just put on twitter e cannot wait for world cup final at old trafford, hope it's not him!!!!! Lmao

either prince harry or william would be good. Would also be good to get them to afew games.Would create loads of interest and may make the sport more appealing to a younger generation.

Harry is a rite lad

I don't think I can reply without my feelings on the monarchy influencing my reply.

I'd have anyone but....... but I do accept thats iust me!

To be fair Robin, I'm at the other end of the republican/monarchist spectrum from you, so that probably influences my post too.

It'd be a pretty boring place if we all thought the same!!

Help the Heroes should nominate/select an injured soldier for the honour.

Steve Arnold,

Short list seems to Prince Harry if the queens busy, and if not one of those two then it has to be Claire!

To be fair Robin, I'm at the other end of the republican/monarchist spectrum from you, so that probably influences my post too.

It'd be a pretty boring place if we all thought the same!!

true!

If it is true that Bradley Wiggins waived his fee for the Sky Advert. I propose Sir Bradley Wiggins.

His water-carrier stint at the Dubai Sevens for the Joining Jack team was a result of him volunteering, not being asked. Top bloke, it would appear.

It has to be The Queen

Regardless of your views on the monarchy, this is her job and she's the head of state of all three countries that have a chance of reaching the final.

If the roundball world cup or the Union version was in this country, she would be doing it and there wouldn't even be a debate on the subject.

What he said.

The cycling season will be over by then, so Sir Bradley Wiggins is a good choice.

Vladimir Putin. He enjoys the game and then goes and orders the whole of the Russian RU to play League.

Let's get things right first. This thread should be entitled " Who should present the Paul Barriere Trophy?"

Seeing Bobby "Bozo" Fulton hand the trophy to a victorious England captain would be something to savour...

Oh come off it it's 2013 I don't think we should be getting the Queen involved - how is that going to get the game into the newspapers the next day??

How about a well-known celebrity or reality television star: Cheryl Cole, Jordan (Katie Price) or perhaps even a former Big Brother contestant?