See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HunsletHawks

Matchday Magazine Revamped for 2013

68 posts in this topic

If its a good read with half decent content I wouldn't have said £2.50 was too bad in this day & age...

Like the front cover from the old days and also HUNSLET and the hawks dropped , what programme dose'nt cost £2.50 , its what they cost nowadays

Sold out today, say no more ;)

Any report on the game?

Well done on selling them all just thought it was expensive for a friendly.

I got one today, thought it was brilliant, & £2.50 was well worth it...how can any one says it expensive, I have no idea

So what was the score or is it a secret?

We had the same result as Ceptic, we got beat!

10-6 to Leeds, not the best game, loads of errors, a heavy pitch and a picky ref

Huns did well to stay in the game, but going forward worries me, we didn't look like scoring for much of the game despite an awful lot of pressure second half

Big thanks to all those who cleared the pitch too, must have been some effort

Liked the retro front cover. Is that a permanent feature or a one off to compliment the 1980 match report inside. Noticed Stevie Lane in the posh seats, were any of the other members of that team present?

Front cover will be different each week, there will be a match repot every week from a historic match!

Love the Phoenix, a big mistake by the directors when all the clubs were adopting a gimmick name. If Hunslet were to have one it should of been Hunslet Phoenix, not just the lazy think of Hunslet begins with H, so what animal begins with H.

We had the same result as Ceptic, we got beat!

Yeah we got beat shocking day at the office. Oh well champions league will have to do this year.

Hope you didn't put any bets on this weekend with your teams Gaz, Montrose and Brentford

Somewhere in a dusty box in a corner of the loft I've got the original program with that cover from 1980 !!

Retro covers from the club's past is an excellent idea !! Among those that spring to my mind include the one from the early days at the dog track with an illustration of a player in a green shirt with the "tuning fork" posts visible in the background; and from our time at Elland Road, a photo of a train carrying the nameplate "Hunslet" (obviously built at the Engine Works) climbing a steep incline in somewhere like Bolivia or Peru.

One I don't want to see again is from the first season at Elland Road, it was headlined "Hunslet at United" and was designed in yellow and blue to appeal to Leeds United fans !!

Yeah we got beat shocking day at the office. Oh well champions league will have to do this year.

Hope you didn't put any bets on this weekend with your teams Gaz, Montrose and Brentford

Tell me about it, Rafa OUT!

Somewhere in a dusty box in a corner of the loft I've got the original program with that cover from 1980 !!

Retro covers from the club's past is an excellent idea !! Among those that spring to my mind include the one from the early days at the dog track with an illustration of a player in a green shirt with the "tuning fork" posts visible in the background; and from our time at Elland Road, a photo of a train carrying the nameplate "Hunslet" (obviously built at the Engine Works) climbing a steep incline in somewhere like Bolivia or Peru.

One I don't want to see again is from the first season at Elland Road, it was headlined "Hunslet at United" and was designed in yellow and blue to appeal to Leeds United fans !!

Cheers Hawkwindbag, The one from the Dog track will feature, as will many more, I have selected a number of programmes from the 60's all the way through to the late 1990's. I thought the front cover looked great yesterday, i wasn't too sure how it would look, but when i saw how well it had printed i was chuffed, really did look excellent. Was really pleased with the response from our supporters on the programme, i thought it would be good way to celebrate our history and heritage especially with the Leeds Partnership etc. I think yesterday was the most programmes we have sold on one single match day for a lot of years, completely sold out.

Great looking program Gaz hope my old donated program's are being put to some good use pal :)

Cheers mate, they certainly are!!

yesterdays programme listed on e-bay at £0.90.

Good idea of Blackpools to use the old programme covers each game this season-- thanks from the Hunslet programme editor at the Greyhound stadium, Mount Pleasant and Elland Road.

Confirming that the one with the diesel locomotive named Hunslet (I have that nameplate) was taken in Chile, it also as "made in Hunslet" on the manufacturers nameplate on the side of the cab. I believe that the photograph was given to me by Andy Bateman who worked at the Hunslet Engine Co.

The one in blue and yellow saying "Hunslet at United was a gesture from club Chairman Jerry Mason to United Chairman Manny Cousins in helping Hunslet to come back to South Leeds.