Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FarOutRam

Fev Game

182 posts in this topic

Wind your neck in, who is giving you stick, I couldnt give a flying shittte how wide your pitch is old lad. BUT the facts are it is very narrow so you must adjust the type of game you play, we adjusted and won, were very happy, you will have to adjust your game at Rovers on a very near maximum width pitch and hopefully better weather

Still a valid point though lowfield - it wasn't a pop at fev supporters - EVERYBODY has a go at the pitch, but what are we expected to do ? to widen it would cost us damn near as much as it woud cost batley to level out their slope, and at the end of the day it's as narrow for us as it is for everybody else. Bottom line is, good players can adapt to all circumstances - fev have good players so there shouldn't have been a problem for them, and in fact, you would have EXPECTED their faster players to be able to make the best of the available room. Like other posters have said, yesterday was bu ggar all to do with the pitch and everything to do with the weather - oh and we played pretty well given we were hardly the bookies favourite. ;)

question here - how many pairs of hands can the ball go through when playing advantage ?

You get one "free play" so it can go through as many hands, feet, whatever, if there's no advantage it'll go back. We knocked on in the Cas friendly on around their 10 metre line, the play ended up Cas forcing a drop out, but the referee decided to take it back to the Cas 10 metre line for some reason. Had to explain this to some people last night moaning about us kicking into the corner "aimlessly" after a Dewsbury knock on

Still a valid point though lowfield - it wasn't a pop at fev supporters - EVERYBODY has a go at the pitch, but what are we expected to do ? to widen it would cost us damn near as much as it woud cost batley to level out their slope, and at the end of the day it's as narrow for us as it is for everybody else. Bottom line is, good players can adapt to all circumstances - fev have good players so there shouldn't have been a problem for them, and in fact, you would have EXPECTED their faster players to be able to make the best of the available room. Like other posters have said, yesterday was bu ggar all to do with the pitch and everything to do with the weather - oh and we played pretty well given we were hardly the bookies favourite. ;)

Please read what i type, im not having a go at your pitch and couldnt give a toss if you want to play on a narrow pitch and if you dont want to widen it then dont, BUT the facts are when you play on a narrow pitch you have to adjust and we did just enough, that is the advantage of playing at home

Amazing how we all see the same game but yet things so slightly different. e.g. I thought Liam's kicking wasn't anywhere near his usual where as 2x40/20 and deeper kicking downfield from dews to me gave dews the edge on that facet of the game.

Lamont did indeed have a big game and for many of us made the winner with his drive pass to locky for briggsy in the corner. But for me it was Jack Bussey's introduction that turned the game for me. Dews struggled with him whilst he was on the

spot on. Lamont was awesome and Finny very quiet compared to what I expected. Our kicking game was so poor we only managed 2 40-20s in the second half. Come on rams fans we can't moan about the kicking last night. If there was a problem it was that we didn't kick early enough when we were in our own half. With 15 to go and a narrow lead the best bet was to give it to Pryce and whelp it upfield. We didn't do it enough and consequently lost too much ball in our own half.

Great game Sunday in terrible conditions.

Lillycrop well deserved man of match with Spicer a close second I thought.

Very disappointed to see Dewsbury lads sat in stand and two dual reg and two loan players in their place - not good.

In my opinion the dual reg players are no better than the players we're leaving out and what happens when they're recalled by their clubs ?

Is it then ok to say to our lads you can have a game now ? - As I've said before our lads aren't going to be happy training all week to have these players come in on a Friday and take their place, worryingly I think there's going to be unrest.

We should be developing our young players for the future not loosing them for players for ( in theory) short term gain

Need to stick with the squad that showed so much pre season promise.

Maybe so but I'd never move to Featherstone in a million years let alone watch their rugby team.

p.s. I don't live in Dewsbury.

and i use to think you were a top player/bloke , funny how wrong yer can be !

A great effort from the Rams, lacked size / weight compared to Fev in the forwards and we lacked composure but that's what you get from an inexperienced side.

Surprised at the reaction from the Fev players at the end, you'd have thought they 'd beaten some top side in a crucial match rather than limping past a hastily put together bunch of Academy cast offs and a few players past their best.

I don't like singling out Rams players but I just don't get Spaven. He seems to lack any threat, tactical nous (care to explain a pointless feeble attempt at a drop goal?) and mediocre kicking game. on a lighter note, how high did Karl Pryce kick that 40/20? that must have been the highest kick I have ever seen. Hopefully, he will stay a few games before Salford sin him.

its called PASSION ! its a team game and the lads kept going for the FULL 80 mins in bad weather and after BEING 18-6 down to a DECENT rams side (not a hasitily put togeather side) the ref wa ###### (for both teams) they train and play togeather as a TEAM and WON in the end, thats why they were happy.Cant wait for the dry grounds then you,ll see a different game !!!!

the lads had just won a comeback against a bloody spirted dews in foul conditions going ahead with 3 mins left on the clock. Course they're going to celebrate. :rolleyes:

some bad losers robin !

I actually thought the rovers celebrations were a compliment to the Rams. I'd rather teams were happy to beat us rather than expecting to!

I actually thought the rovers celebrations were a compliment to the Rams. I'd rather teams were happy to beat us rather than expecting to!

someone with some sense at last,no ones taking any thing away from dewsbury and this confirms it.

Excellent effort by both teams on a foul night, congrats to fev on their gutsy late show and the same to dews .

Exactly John. There is no gimmies in this league.Dewsbury tested us to the full in the horrendous conditions and our lads had to find the guile from somewhere to get a draw at one point never mind the win. Our lads knew they had worked their buts off for the win and duely celebrated it with the last try. IMO the celebration was more testament to dewsbury than us actually winning the game.

and i use to think you were a top player/bloke , funny how wrong yer can be !

I'm not the real Eddie Rombo it's a fans forum and I am using a pseudonym.

To be honest i thought thats what all teams did when they won celebrate.On a night like that the performance deserved a little bit of extra beer money in the pay packet.Not seen the telly shots but rumour has it we could have a try awarded.However sign of a good side that never gave up especially in those conditions.The lads gave it all and on this showing we will win alot more than we will lose.

To be honest i thought thats what all teams did when they won celebrate.On a night like that the performance deserved a little bit of extra beer money in the pay packet.Not seen the telly shots but rumour has it we could have a try awarded.However sign of a good side that never gave up especially in those conditions.The lads gave it all and on this showing we will win alot more than we will lose.

against Batley Dews were dire. But having seen you v Fax and us I would tend to agree with you.

Please read what i type, im not having a go at your pitch and couldnt give a toss if you want to play on a narrow pitch and if you dont want to widen it then dont, BUT the facts are when you play on a narrow pitch you have to adjust and we did just enough, that is the advantage of playing at home

It was the same for both sides.. To be honest i reckon glens mentality of how hes getting us to play this season wasnt suited to a bogged down pitch so we had to change our playing style too to a more compact game, like yourselfs. Any fev fan who saw our game with halifax in preseason or at batley(2nd half) will tell you we now prefer to play some rugby unlike the jowitt era of boring 1 up rugby.. Players with pace and flair like craven, pryce, arron brown, adam obrien, greg scott, dale morton ect would of much preferd a dry field to work on, especialy if our forwards are getting on top which at times on sunday night we looked like we was..

I dont think just because you only beat us by 2 points that youl walk over us at post office road, nor would you have beat us by 20 plus on sunday if the pitch was dry, as i reckon this new young dewsbury side is still along way off reaching its potential and think theys alot more to come from us this season. We are an almost new side, playing a new style, still gelling..

It was the same for both sides.. To be honest i reckon glens mentality of how hes getting us to play this season wasnt suited to a bogged down pitch so we had to change our playing style too to a more compact game, like yourselfs. Any fev fan who saw our game with halifax in preseason or at batley(2nd half) will tell you we now prefer to play some rugby unlike the jowitt era of boring 1 up rugby.. Players with pace and flair like craven, pryce, arron brown, adam obrien, greg scott, dale morton ect would of much preferd a dry field to work on, especialy if our forwards are getting on top which at times on sunday night we looked like we was..

I dont think just because you only beat us by 2 points that youl walk over us at post office road, nor would you have beat us by 20 plus on sunday if the pitch was dry, as i reckon this new young dewsbury side is still along way off reaching its potential and think theys alot more to come from us this season. We are an almost new side, playing a new style, still gelling..

Good post. My sentiments exactly.

I'm not the real Eddie Rombo it's a fans forum and I am using a pseudonym.

:D :D

some bad losers robin !

Bit unfair - over the last three seasons we've become quite good at it. :rolleyes:

I honestly think that when this season is evaluated, that win for us will be seen as one of the hardest games of the season.

Not for the purist, it was proper 'dig in' rugby. On a night like that it was always going to be more than just about silky skills.

The players deserved a meddle for what they served up sunday. A really exciting game in doubt right til the very end. Could be a contender for "THE" league game of the season

got to agree with most of what been said, a young side with a lot to learn but even more to give, hope someone signs Price soon, he couldn't defend if his life depended on it and nowhere near match fitness.

Well I consider myself slapped down then.

I will be very careful how I phrase things in future in case I offend a Fev fan.

Some of the players went in at half time and needed to have foil blankets to try and get some heat back into their bodies they were that cold, freezing temperatures driving rain/sleet but what I couldn't believe was the fact that they played the second half in the same strip as the first half, it's a wonder nobody ended up with hyperthermia. I thought that they would have had another strip to put on, for this reason alone and to make matters worse the hot water ran out in the showers. I went to the bar at half time and when I got back outside for the start of the second half I was shivering and I was dry so god knows how the players felt when they came out to play for at least another 40 minutes. The game itself was testament to two sides that gave it everything they had and more, it was never going to be pretty but for the conditions it was top draw, well done to all 34 players 80 minutes of nothing but good hard honest graft.