Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FarOutRam

Fev Game

Piggy's mate    1,321

Bit unfair - over the last three seasons we've become quite good at it. :rolleyes:

And long may it continue ;)

grumpyoldram    689

Some of the players went in at half time and needed to have foil blankets to try and get some heat back into their bodies they were that cold, freezing temperatures driving rain/sleet but what I couldn't believe was the fact that they played the second half in the same strip as the first half, it's a wonder nobody ended up with hyperthermia. I thought that they would have had another strip to put on, for this reason alone and to make matters worse the hot water ran out in the showers. I went to the bar at half time and when I got back outside for the start of the second half I was shivering and I was dry so god knows how the players felt when they came out to play for at least another 40 minutes. The game itself was testament to two sides that gave it everything they had and more, it was never going to be pretty but for the conditions it was top draw, well done to all 34 players 80 minutes of nothing but good hard honest graft.

Can't argue with that - the rugby was excellent given those conditions.

Robin I hope the following was a typo and not wistful thinking :lol:

The players deserved a meddle for what they served up sunday. A really exciting game in doubt right til the very end.

EQUALIZER    309

According to telly addicts whove seen the vid.We should have had another try.ffs whats point in the tv people hoisting up all that gear for it not to be used.In these games the captain ought to be able to go to the ref and ask him to go to the screen.Anyway history and thats what it is shows we lost.Bring on the budgies.