Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simon Hall

Team v Whitehaven

62 posts in this topic

use them then

We are. In fact one of our academy lads will be back with us on DR from Hull. I'd call that developing young players, wouldn't you?

use them then

No less than 9 of our first team squad are York born and eligible to play in our u20s.

Not to mention Tom Lineham...

No less than 9 of our first team squad are York born and eligible to play in our u20s.

Not to mention Tom Lineham...

Not worth Gav !! He's clearly thick as ###### !!

Not worth Gav !! He's clearly thick as ###### !!

thick as ###### how the ###### do i know where your players are born and bred maybe thats why you where so ###### last season

thick as ###### how the ###### do i know where your players are born and bred maybe thats why you where so ###### last season

I think the radiations gone to your head pal!! No need for all the aggression now is there, remind me again what division you were in last season

I think the radiations gone to your head pal!! No need for all the aggression now is there, remind me again what division you were in last season

one of you lot called me as thick as fu-k maybe i am but im educated enough to earn 44k a year at the radiation dump so not that thick and maybe it has gone to me head

Donald, on a slightly lighter note - do you know which of the Cumbria games BBC Radio Cumbria are doing live commentary on, pls ?

im educated enough to earn 44k a year

Drinks are on you on Sunday then?

haha drinks are on me then although i think i should keep off it does me head no good

haha drinks are on me then although i think i should keep off it does me head no good

Either way, we are trying our best to bring through young talent from York, and Jack Stearman, James Ford and all the amateur coaches in the City are doing a fantastic job in tough times, as I'm sure Whitehaven are too.

Theres nothing wrong with asking for help from Hull or, say, Papa New Guinea is there?

;)

Either way, we are trying our best to bring through young talent from York, and Jack Stearman, James Ford and all the amateur coaches in the City are doing a fantastic job in tough times, as I'm sure Whitehaven are too.

Theres nothing wrong with asking for help from Hull or, say, Papa New Guinea is there?

;)

Ha your right there if we had our way we would have had half the PNG national team last year JJP who we had glen nami and rodney pora deals fell through and joey bond and tommy butterfield couldnt get visas for them 2 but watch them 2 go in the world cup next year joeys now playing for brisbane broncos unbelievable when you think about it wanted to come and play for haven was deemed not of a good enough standard so ends up at brisbane lol

Be good to watch on Sunday - Fordy v JJP.

The games covered are Town and Barrow with updates from haven. What about radio York then??

Save me a good seat, Otto ;)

Seen in the press that Jack Briscoe, Tom Lineham, Josh Bowden, Dean Hadley and Danny Nicklas will be available for Sunday. So my preferred team would be:

1. Tom Carr

2. Jack Briscoe

3. James Ford

4. George Elliot

5. Tom Lineham

6. Simon Brown

7. Danny Nicklas

8. Matt Nicholson

9. Jack Lee

10. Jack Aldous

11. Sam Scott

12. Dean Hadley

13. Jason Golden

14. Jonny Presley

15. Josh Bowden

16. Austin Bell

17. Russ Dale

Seen in the press that Jack Briscoe, Tom Lineham, Josh Bowden, Dean Hadley and Danny Nicklas will be available for Sunday. So my preferred team would be:

1. Tom Carr

2. Jack Briscoe

3. James Ford

4. George Elliot

5. Tom Lineham

6. Simon Brown

7. Danny Nicklas

8. Matt Nicholson

9. Jack Lee

10. Jack Aldous

11. Sam Scott

12. Dean Hadley

13. Jason Golden

14. Jonny Presley

15. Josh Bowden

16. Austin Bell

17. Russ Dale

I would put Lyons in instead of Elliot at centre

Its not the radiation thats gone to his head, its all that jam ;)

Nice sly dig at town from the haven fans in this thread regarding dual registering an entire squad..... P.S, 5-0 In a calendar year ;)

I would put Lyons in instead of Elliot at centre

5 dual reg in one team think the knights lads left out and getting sweet F A will be thinking why have they signed me in the first place if they think im not good enough or is it because they arnt.This is going to be the norm in a few camps now im afraid but if monies are scares and clubs fear the drop then the average Joe,s signed to make up the squads are going suffer.

5 dual reg in one team think the knights lads left out and getting sweet F A will be thinking why have they signed me in the first place if they think im not good enough or is it because they arnt.

If they can't appreciate that they will sometimes miss out due to there being a better player in front of them then they shouldn't be playing a professional sport. It's not schools rugby where everyone should get a turn regardless of ability. They knew the score regarding the Hull partnership when they signed and I'd like to think the players that might miss out, like Ben Dent for instance will work harder to improve themselves rather than take their ball home.

If they can't appreciate that they will sometimes miss out due to there being a better player in front of them then they shouldn't be playing a professional sport. It's not schools rugby where everyone should get a turn regardless of ability. They knew the score regarding the Hull partnership when they signed and I'd like to think the players that might miss out, like Ben Dent for instance will work harder to improve themselves rather than take their ball home.

Appreciate that Simon but are they going to improve greatly enough to oust a S/L standard player if they are going to be available all season i think not. The whole reason you try to get signed is to get payed for doing it but the dual reg lads get payed weither or not and i know for a fact if i thought i was turning up for training week in week out traveling straight from work and turning up on match days just to watch full time pros taking my lively hood i would not be a happy bunny waiting on the off chance the dual reg players where recalled by their own club time will tell believe me.Thank god my lads talented enough to avoid this senario but if he wasnt i would be sick if he had to go through all that just my gut feeling nothing against the Knights or any other club wanting to survive just feel for the lads who miss out thats all.

5 dual reg in one team think the knights lads left out and getting sweet F A will be thinking why have they signed me in the first place if they think im not good enough or is it because they arnt.This is going to be the norm in a few camps now im afraid but if monies are scares and clubs fear the drop then the average Joe,s signed to make up the squads are going suffer.

Well I put Lyons in because he is a centre and Elliot is winger !!

Most of the lads who'd be pushed out for a DR are u20s anyway aren't they?

not in the case of Hunslet Andy no but if thats the case at the knight perhaps they would be ok with that situation and bide their time but not with a player who is mid way through a career.