Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Willow

Lance Hohaia

17 posts in this topic

Rumours doing the rounds that Saints want to send him off on a season long loan.

Any truth in it?

Rumours doing the rounds that Saints want to send him off on a season long loan.

Any truth in it?

Haven't heard anything but hope so. Didn't do enough for me last year and got in the way of gaskells progress.

Not if his coach is to be believed, said that he was a great asset, can cover 5 position, would be a big Uturn on that statement.

Not if his coach is to be believed, said that he was a great asset, can cover 5 position, would be a big Uturn on that statement.

Sub 1

Sub 2

Sub 3

Sub 4

Travelling reserve.

Any truth in it?

Unlikely but he isn't too happy at being returned to his utility role and so opting to go on loan somewhere doesn't appear beyond the realms of possibility.

We tend to send our loanees to Salford. ;)

Unlikely but he isn't too happy at being returned to his utility role and so opting to go on loan somewhere doesn't appear beyond the realms of possibility.

I read somewhere on a Salford forum that he's been linked with them, lance Hohaia was a nothing signing for me, neither a stand out fullback, centre, halfback or hooker. Lee Gaskell has more skill and talent in his finger tips than Hohaia, give the youngsters a chance before him.

Rochdale and Whitehaven will be peed off then.

Dunno if he,ll fit in the haven team.......but if your offering

I saw them at Skolars last year: he'll fit right in ;)

I would've been mega disappointed with him last year if I was a Saints fan. Or chairman. I bet most of the Saints' youngsters would've done a better job.

he's the genuine jack of all trades master of none

average at best, certainly not worth a overseas spot along with Josh Perry(how he got to play SSO and won Aussie caps)is beyond me

Rochdale and Whitehaven will be peed off then.

We only send our noobies there. Salford get our experienced loanees. And then they sign them, usually!

Actually, he looks class at fullback.

average at best, certainly not worth a overseas spot along with Josh Perry(how he got to play SSO and won Aussie caps)is beyond me

As for Josh Perry ... what a waste of a spot that should have been filled with a British player he has been. He's in his final season this year and I will despair if he is re-signed.

I would've been mega disappointed with him last year if I was a Saints fan. Or chairman. I bet most of the Saints' youngsters would've done a better job.

A lot of us were seriously miffed when Rush ditched Gaskell. Gaskell lost the chance to build on what he achieved in his debut year for no good reason.

As an outsider looking in, Hohaia might actually be a slightly better - or, at least, more effective - player than he looks but Lee Gaskell, with a coach that believes in him, has the athletic prowess and footballing skill to become a very special player indeed. Rush's treatment of Gaskell last year remains baffling to me and, at times, it seems a bit worse than that...

As for Josh Perry, it just goes to show, once again, that there are State of Origin representatives and Australian internationals who are mediocre. I hope that the likes of Louis M-S realise that they are every bit as talented - and more - and might one day prove it at international level.

Actually, he looks class at fullback

As for Josh Perry ... what a waste of a spot that should have been filled with a British player he has been. He's in his final season this year and I will despair if he is re-signed.

Being his last season he'll probably shine,people will forget how dire he's been previously and he'll get a new 2 year deal.He always seems to be dragging the training tractor tyre on to the match pitch,woeful