Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

1 Feb - Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

206 posts in this topic

It's only the first game guys.....may take a couple of wks to blow the cobwebs off for some players

decent display from leeds helped by the lack of any idea in attack from the hull halfs . what happended to the big name halbacks pearson promised the hull fans this season .

a real pity ellis did not play but doubt he would have made much difference to the attack although he may well have added a bit of steel to the defence which could not handle leeds speed of passing .

for leeds another master class from sir kev just how many of the leeds tries did he have a hand in yet again along with some good smotther tackles in defence

decent display from leeds helped by the lack of any idea in attack from the hull halfs . what happended to the big name halbacks pearson promised the hull fans this season .

a real pity ellis did not play but doubt he would have made much difference to the attack although he may well have added a bit of steel to the defence which could not handle leeds speed of passing .

for leeds another master class from sir kev just how many of the leeds tries did he have a hand in yet again along with some good smotther tackles in defence

1 Try, 4 assists, 6/6 when it came to goal kicking :)

I did think McGuire was equally as good though and even though he only had 1 try assist, made so much more happen around the pitch.

First try - thanks sir Kevin.

Enjoyed the game, Leeds wanted it more than hull, fc defensive line needs addressing.... Great to see league back on sky.

Wellsy - westerman is a good player, has great hands and can use his footwork, I appreciate you see him more than me, but surely he needs better players around him (or players giving him good ball)

Thought Leeds looked worryingly good. Lightning fast in all areas.

Thought Leeds looked worryingly good. Lightning fast in all areas.

Agree, but I don't want Leeds fans to hear me say it......... Moon looks v v v dangerous at centre, plenty of tries for Joel this year IMHO

First try - thanks sir Kevin.

Enjoyed the game, Leeds wanted it more than hull, fc defensive line needs addressing.... Great to see league back on sky.

Wellsy - westerman is a good player, has great hands and can use his footwork, I appreciate you see him more than me, but surely he needs better players around him (or players giving him good ball)

Then you can have him and we'll have Westwood! Similar surname, no one will notice!

He's inconsistent. A penalty machine. Lazy. And always tries to put a shot on at stupid times and mostly misses. He's completely and utterly overrated.

We got Holdsworth, who has shown he has a great long kicking game (something we've not seen at Hull since Paul Cooke).

We then tried for Rangi, who would have been here had it not been for visa issues, and then got fecked about by Scott Prince. Who else was available? Such a shame.

It annoys me that Sky keep saying "Hull splashed the cash" because when you think about it, who did we actually buy?

A lot of Leeds' breaks came down their left/our right. That's where Ellis would have been.

I was commenting in the first half how I thought our tackling looked a lot better, but we were very suspect when it came to kicks... then the second half happened!

He had a great game. I hope he can produce that form for England.

Whinos needed to start the season at a higher tempo if they want to beat Storm in the WCC, its their only chance as on a level playing field they wouldn't have one! Brian MacD and Jimmy learned how do it under Nobbys coaching at the Bulls! The only other plus for the Whinos, is that Bellyache hasn't signed a new contract as yet and that could also have an effect on the Storm Squad!

Christopher Irvine summed it up for me in 'The Times' this morning where he describes Hull as 'gritty but hopelessly outgunned'.

We got Holdsworth, who has shown he has a great long kicking game (something we've not seen at Hull since Paul Cooke).

We then tried for Rangi, who would have been here had it not been for visa issues, and then got fecked about by Scott Prince. Who else was available? Such a shame.

It annoys me that Sky keep saying "Hull splashed the cash" because when you think about it, who did we actually buy?

A lot of Leeds' breaks came down their left/our right. That's where Ellis would have been.

I was commenting in the first half how I thought our tackling looked a lot better, but we were very suspect when it came to kicks... then the second half happened!

He had a great game. I hope he can produce that form for England.

holdsworth does have a decent kicking game but tended to be negative with kicking for touch even near the end instead of putting in attacking kicks to pressure the back of the leeds line . he needs a good playmaker next to him who can identfy the areas to work on time after time and then stick to doing it all game instead of just hoping something opens up .

The cobination of Seymour and Arundal defending on they right will mean any decent left sided attack will pile on a lot of points. Atkins will me licking his lips watching this performance!

Right, had a good nights' kip. First thoughts, that Headingley pitch looks pretty rubbish, I hope it's just bedding in or summat. Secondly, Leeds go too moves are pass it to Moon or kick to Hall. I may have to revise my thought on Hull FC making waves, I hope the same continues next week and we cause an upset.

Right, had a good nights' kip. First thoughts, that Headingley pitch looks pretty rubbish, I hope it's just bedding in or summat. Secondly, Leeds go too moves are pass it to Moon or kick to Hall. I may have to revise my thought on Hull FC making waves, I hope the same continues next week and we cause an upset.

Is the pitch an improvement on the last 3 previous year though in your opinion?

Is the pitch an improvement on the last 3 previous year though in your opinion?

Erm, yeh, but not out of sight, the fact that under the southstand roof, the sky near side touchline wasn't a beach yes it is better. But it looked a bit bare in places.

Also, did I hear a song from the southstand of "Delaney, ooooooh, he's from Australia, he'll f"cking murder ya"?

Erm, yeh, but not out of sight, the fact that under the southstand roof, the sky near side touchline wasn't a beach yes it is better. But it looked a bit bare in places.

I couldnt quite hear Brian Mac's interview lastnight ,but I think he said you need proper footwear to play on it.I think he may have been intimating there could be a few injury's on this pitch

I couldnt quite hear Brian Mac's interview lastnight ,but I think he said you need proper footwear to play on it.I think he may have been intimating there could be a few injury's on this pitch

If it turns out to be akin to the Wakefield pitch then all is forgiven, but much like Hull FC after all the hype it was a little bit of a let down.

I enjoyed watching the game and thought that it was generally of high quality.

The crowd produced a vibrant atmosphere too but, despite what looked a great turn out from Hull fans, I can't understand why Leeds seem to be stuck around the 14-15000 mark for attendances? They're a great club, representing a big city and in the middle of the most successful period in their history and yet - despite a couple of references to a "full house" - their attendance was around 5000 short of capacity.

A few years ago, with no away support to speak of, they attracted around (I think) 37000 to Elland Road for the visit of Canterbury. Might the club be capable of a lot more with a little more ambition? Or do Leeds fans think that they have reached their limit attendance-wise?

I enjoyed watching the game and thought that it was generally of high quality.

The crowd produced a vibrant atmosphere too but, despite what looked a great turn out from Hull fans, I can't understand why Leeds seem to be stuck around the 14-15000 mark for attendances? They're a great club, representing a big city and in the middle of the most successful period in their history and yet - despite a couple of references to a "full house" - their attendance was around 5000 short of capacity.

A few years ago, with no away support to speak of, they attracted around (I think) 37000 to Elland Road for the visit of Canterbury. Might the club be capable of a lot more with a little more ambition? Or do Leeds fans think that they have reached their limit attendance-wise?

Well they did average over 17k for 3 seasons and peaked at 17500 ,but that really was not going to last,but it looks like they achieved a larger hard core.In those heady days of fullhouses regularly i used to meet "Leeds"fans from all over the country

If it turns out to be akin to the Wakefield pitch then all is forgiven, but much like Hull FC after all the hype it was a little bit of a let down.

Wakey could do with taking their pitch with them when they move.Always been great plying area

Also, did I hear a song from the southstand of "Delaney, ooooooh, he's from Australia, he'll f"cking murder ya"?

Please tell me someone else heard this too...