Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

1 Feb - Salford City Reds v Wigan Warriors - KO 8pm

Who will win?   20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford City Reds
    • Wigan Warriors
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

71 posts in this topic

Wigan squad: Greg Burke, Josh Charnley, Gil Dudson, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Anthony Gelling, Darrell Goulding, Blake Green, Jack Hughes, Michael McIlorum, Lee Mossop, Sean O'Loughlin, Sam Powell, Paul Prescott, Pat Richards, Matty Smith, Scott Taylor, Iain Thornley, Sam Tomkins.

Interesting to see Powell in ahead of Logan. For all the doubts and concerns, that's not too shabby a squad.

Interesting to see Powell in ahead of Logan. For all the doubts and concerns, that's not too shabby a squad.

It's a good bunch of individuals, yes, but how much of a team will they be? I think we may see a few rather disjointed performances, while the new combinations are working each other out.

As far as continuity is concerned, though, I imagine Salford would happily swap places.

I just hope for a good competitive game,with a good crowd to encourage the new owner - is there likely to be a strong Wigan turnout?

I just hope for a good competitive game,with a good crowd to encourage the new owner - is there likely to be a strong Wigan turnout?

Yeah but the Dr shouldn't let that put him off

Up to yesterday, Wigan had sold around 1200 tickets.

That's a very good effort.Hopefully a positive news conference later today and the figure might reach around 2,000.I do hope that Salford fans also turn out in good numbers.

That's a very good effort.Hopefully a positive news conference later today and the figure might reach around 2,000.I do hope that Salford fans also turn out in good numbers.

Bringing the total attendance to 2076

The ticketing page on the web site is finally working.I have bought 2 tickets in the 'away' end and they are numbers 2 058 and 2 059 but I don't know if that is the total tickets sold in the away end.I would have thought Wigan would have had more than 2 000 supporters there.

I don't think the crowd will be that big - about 7 000 at the most,which would be a poor start for the Doctor!

I'd be absolutely delighted with 7k tomorrow. Tickets for home fans have been on sale 2 days. We barely broke 5k all last season, 7 thousand would be a bit of a result tomorrow.

Salford squad: Jodie Broughton, Ashley Gibson, Danny Williams, Theo Fages, Lee Jewitt, Wayne Godwin, Shannon McPherson, Matty Ashurst, Stephen Wild, Ben Gledhill, Ryan Boyle, Jordan James, Gareth Owen, Chris Nero, Adam Neal, Rhys Williams, Ryan McGoldrick, Andrew Dixon, Jack Murphy.

Any half time insights?

Yeah, it's 16-0 to Wigan

A new dawn in Manchester for Rugby League? For Swinton & Salford?

(according to BBC GMR)

0-22, Wigan, a man down

Tomkins First try scorer in SL in 2013?

Leeds 24-6 Hull

Makes Salford bottom of the league, what's the odds on them getting above there?

Come on Salford, get a score, F£££k it

0-42