Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

2 Feb - St Helens v Huddersfield Giants - KO 4.45 (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Huddersfield Giants
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

129 posts in this topic

fantastic performance - but no Giants fans are getting carried away, they're all playing it down and being sensible (now they've stopped the conga)

I imagine Saintslass is too.....

Post 164 on here is well worthy of being brought to people's attention.

:lol:

True to form, I left the match at 0-36. :) Like I said, I can't be bothered watching walkovers.

Well I didn't see that coming, I see my two tips to shake things up have done well on the two sky games! :rolleyes:

Stoopid rule, surely yhe ball needs to touch the ground.

It does. This was a simple one were the VR got one wrong. We will now get Eddie and Stevo banging for the rest of the season about the RFL changing rules mid season when the next one is judged correctly.

It does. This was a simple one were the VR got one wrong. We will now get Eddie and Stevo banging for the rest of the season about the RFL changing rules mid season when the next one is judged correctly.

#blameGanson

Are Saints following Leeds and not actually playing until September?

all we need a copycat team

Huddersfield have forward depth too, they still have Akuma Taia to come in and Anthony Mullally was very impressive in the friendlies and unlucky not to be in the squad for Saints game plus Dale Ferguson.

I just wonder if the Stains culture of the way they played when they had success is now starting to cause this demise? Ever since Daniel Anderson left (good timing on his part) Stains have slowly fallen apart! All the Coachs since then have struggled to change Stains style to keep them competitive and also find the quality young players to replace the old Stars!

Perhaps its time for the Board to let the new Coach revamp the way they have played to get them back to winning consistently again! No easy answers and perhaps like the Bulls and Pies its Stains turn to have a some more angst ridden fallow years!

I haven't been through all the posts,so I'm not sure what people are saying,but simply,I was very impressed with Huddersfield.A simple,effective plan,exceptionally well executed.Virtually mistake free and they looked very fit,so had no need to give away mindless penalties.Terrific all round effort by Hudders and I'm sure Saints will come back strongly.

just hope saints don't come trying to duel reg Hornets players to improve their team

No easy answers and perhaps like the Bulls and Pies its Stains turn to have a some more angst ridden fallow years!

When's it Leeds' turn!?

I haven't been through all the posts,so I'm not sure what people are saying,but simply,I was very impressed with Huddersfield.A simple,effective plan,exceptionally well executed.Virtually mistake free and they looked very fit,so had no need to give away mindless penalties.Terrific all round effort by Hudders and I'm sure Saints will come back strongly.

But will Huddersfield have their usual mid-season melt-down?

Well done Huddersfield for a solid, entertaining performance. As for the Saints, it was a Muppet show... and to think I just bought my season ticket yesterday! By the way, this is my fiftieth season watching RL.

Well done Huddersfield for a solid, entertaining performance. As for the Saints, it was a Muppet show... and to think I just bought my season ticket yesterday! By the way, this is my fiftieth season watching RL.

Blimey! Your older than you look Ray! ;)

just hope saints don't come trying to duel reg Hornets players to improve their team

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I like that.

But will Huddersfield have their usual mid-season melt-down?

No, Nathan Brown doesnt coach us any more

No, Nathan Brown doesnt coach us any more

he may be looking for a job by then . dont you want him back

Manu had a bit of a mare I wonder if the pressure to perform got to him.At FC he had no pressure at all but he has gone to Saints with a big reputation and quite rightly has big expectations on him. When Saints learn to follow him around the pitch he will be devastating for them.

Sky were giving massive plaudits to Manu last night but for my money one of the most underrated players in SL is Jason Chan, certainly in terms of attacking ability.

Sky were giving massive plaudits to Manu last night but for my money one of the most underrated players in SL is Jason Chan, certainly in terms of attacking ability.

I thought Chan was excellent Lunt was outstanding aswell.