Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

3 Feb - Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers - KO 3pm

Who will win?   12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Castleford Tigers
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

61 posts in this topic

3 challenge cups, 1 LLS and a Grand Final in fours years = nearly men

No wonder fans can't be bothered.

Although they are great acheivements the ultimate prize is the SL crown,the previous 2/3 seasons the wire have had the squad capable of winning it but have just fallen short,so yes nearly men

Just a bit of fuel to the fire....

Wire to rack up a score that Michael Vaughan would have been proud of. End of season ball at the WC already pencilled in for Saturday 9th Feb.

Although they are great acheivements the ultimate prize is the SL crown,the previous 2/3 seasons the wire have had the squad capable of winning it but have just fallen short,so yes nearly men

Appreciate the further comments, Smith is a builder, believes in performance and all round improvements on and off the pitch.

Leeds have been the better team who have the BIG GF experience, Warrington, saints and Wigan have been to GF's recently and I see this year to be a belter.

May the best team win..... Lets enjoy our game and get behind all clubs.

Although it would be great for Cas to win this, I can't see past Warrington on this occasion. I don't know where Cas are up to with their squad these days, other than Shenny is back in the fold and Gilmour has joined them. Hopefully they will put on a good show to give their fans some hope. But I don't think they will win.

Did you go to the game? If that had been a competitive match you would of lost to us again

As someone who did go to the game as a neutral, i like to watch Cas and Fev when possible. I am struggling to see where you are coming from. Fev had the better of the first half, helped by the fact Cas dropped the ball in just about every set.

Second half, Cas were by far the better team and that started with the forwards getting on top. This enabled Chase to run the game and Rovers could not cope.

Back on topic, from what i saw in that game, it is going to be a long hard season for Cas. Starting with a daunting trip to the potential grand final winners.

As someone who did go to the game as a neutral, i like to watch Cas and Fev when possible. I am struggling to see where you are coming from. Fev had the better of the first half, helped by the fact Cas dropped the ball in just about every set.

Second half, Cas were by far the better team and that started with the forwards getting on top. This enabled Chase to run the game and Rovers could not cope.

Back on topic, from what i saw in that game, it is going to be a long hard season for Cas. Starting with a daunting trip to the potential grand final winners.

They only got on top in the second half because we brought on half a dozen young uns. If we had kept our starting squad on we would have won easily.

you'd have to be brain dead to vote against a wire win.............

Better teams than Cas will be stuffed at Warrington who are a great team. If Cas can keep their back line fit they will be a handfull for any team, Ellis, Chase, Shenton, Webster, Carney, Dixon, Owen looks very good . Surely Huby, Millington, Mason, Gilmour, Thompson etc can give that backline a good platform, then in Clarke they have a fantastic player who is a match winner. I think Cas and London will be the most improved sides this season.

I really hope no team is stuffed at Warrington, or anywhere, this season.

I really hope no team is stuffed at Warrington, or anywhere, this season.

Not even when Leeds go to Odsal (or anywhere)?

Not even when Leeds go to Odsal (or anywhere)?

Nah, I quite like them as a team and the majority of their players, a bit more now Webb's moved on. I'm ok with Leeds winning SL, it's just the same team winning it for x seasons in y. For some reason it's Hull KR I can't warm to, and for the life of me I can't think why, it must be cos I like Hull FC. Anyhoo, boo Wire.

I really hope that Millward is able to bring the very best out of Michael Shenton - a player I like and admire and one who I think is under-rated by too many rugby league fans. I hope that he's able to express himself in attack a little more. He should be coming into his prime and is one of those players capable of flourishing at Test level.

I really hope that Millward is able to bring the very best out of Michael Shenton - a player I like and admire and one who I think is under-rated by too many rugby league fans. I hope that he's able to express himself in attack a little more. He should be coming into his prime and is one of those players capable of flourishing at Test level.

Depends if Chase can give him the space to work with. Who is Chsase's partner in the halves?

Depends if Chase can give him the space to work with. Who is Chsase's partner in the halves?

Jamie Ellis?

Shenton seems to me to leak game awareness, while being neither quick enough nor big enough to compensate. He should spend his every waking moment watching old Martin Gleeson videos to lean the art of centre play...

Shenton seems to me to leak game awareness, while being neither quick enough nor big enough to compensate. He should spend his every waking moment watching old Martin Gleeson videos to lean the art of centre play...

rather than that he should watch old gary connolly video's one of the best centres this country has ever produced.............

rather than that he should watch old gary connolly video's one of the best centres this country has ever produced.............

He was good but there was quite a few better IMO.

My god, it's only Feb and I think we have a contender for funniest post of the year

Do you mean my suggestion that Shenon could learn from watching Gleeson?

I pride myself on my dry wit, so am happy to take credit whenever it's given, but i hope to improve on that in the "funnies" department before the year is out. I have my script writers working on a Blue Peter/Richie Myler routine which I trust will have J B laughing till the Greenall Whitleys comes out of his nose.

Castleford squad: Richard Owen, Justin Carney, Michael Shenton, Jake Webster, Rangi Chase, Jamie Ellis, Jonathan Walker, Daryl Clark, Craig Huby, Lee Gilmour, Weller Hauraki, Grant Millington, Jake Emmitt, Adam Milner, Nathan Massey, Oliver Holmes, Jordan Thompson, Jordan Tansey, Keith Mason.

Warrington squad: Ryan Atkins, Lee Briers, Garreth Carvell, Mike Cooper, Rhys Evans, Simon Grix, Ben Harrison, Micky Higham, Chris Hill, Brett Hodgson, Joel Monaghan, Michael Monaghan, Adrian Morley, Richie Myler, Stefan Ratchford, Chris Riley, Trent Waterhouse, Ben Westwood, Paul Wood.

Oh oh. Lobby's gonna have a fit - Wire 22 up after 20 minutes!