Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

3 Feb - Bradford Bulls v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats - KO 3pm

Who will win?   18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bradford Bulls
    • Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 posts in this topic

Game on..and we thought for so long it might not happen. Let's hope the weather is fine for the start of 'summer rugby'.

Bradford win for me. I think the good form at the end of last season may cloud judgements over Trinity’s ability here, for a lot of last season the defence was woeful. Tim Smith is a doubt of the match so another half needs to step up to plug that gap should he miss the game.

The Bulls are a bit of an unknown quantity but the optimism of being recused and a fresh new start may push them on to victory. Hope I'm wrong.

I think Trinity will win, as their forwards look stronger to me - I cannot recall a Bradford side with less grunt. Steam Piglets?

Bradford please. But who knows, I just hope our defence is better than recent seasons.

Bradford please. But who knows, I just hope our defence is better than recent seasons.

We've looked good in the pre-season, which is always a bit dangerous, but I suspect we'll shade it. It's not going to help if we're missing Galey but we've looked good even without him so far, and given the form of such as Whitehead and Scrutes and the pack in general, I'm reasonably optimistic we can boss it up front and if we do then we've every chance. As you say, keep the defensive blunders to a minimum!!

We've looked good in the pre-season, which is always a bit dangerous, but I suspect we'll shade it. It's not going to help if we're missing Galey but we've looked good even without him so far, and given the form of such as Whitehead and Scrutes and the pack in general, I'm reasonably optimistic we can boss it up front and if we do then we've every chance. As you say, keep the defensive blunders to a minimum!!

I only saw the highlights and saw much of the same as last year - we can score points but also leak them - including a length of the field try and a frail right hand side defence.

We've had nowt but snow, frost and rain for a fortnight. The pitch will be heavy and the players won't be fully match fit.

Perhaps the most skilful halfbacks will decide the result. Perhaps the best sloggers will decide it. Maybe a light-footed winger can dance clear of a tired defence to win it.

Good!

Proper rugby is back in its natural home at Odsal.

Best wishes to both teams and both sets of supporters.

I only saw the highlights and saw much of the same as last year - we can score points but also leak them - including a length of the field try and a frail right hand side defence.

To be fair we looked sharp in our handling and the forwards were off-loading a bit more than normal which suggests we might score points. Leeds scored some 'lax' points from our pov but again, to be fair leeds are a good side and they can do that to teams, so I'm not going to criticise too much a this point. Just can't wait to get going to be honest!

Be nice if it's not lashing down. Expect Tim Smith to be fit - our lass has him in her fantasy team, so there will be hell to pay if he's injured!

Not too sure what to expect from Bulls this year, and Wakey have no excuses if they aren't better than last season.

Not quite sure what to expect although I would have thought we would be pretty fit and well motivated. I'm thinking a promising performance and a narrow victory. Probably a stop start game with a fair number of handling errors. Maybe Foster to kick the winning points late on.

In other news - a change of perspective for your friendly neighbourhood Konkrete as this game marks a return to the popular terrace after nearly 10 years in the stand with the kids. If you see a world weary middle aged individual stamping his cold feet and stood next to a spotty giraffe then say hello...

I'm going to check the weather before deciding if it's worth taking my granddaughters to watch from the terrace.

I'll not bother taking my grandson, unless he's desperate to go. He's a bit young and shows no interest in anything other than computer games.

I'll be there, in the same seat I've occupied for about a decade. And my great-niece is a mascot, she's never been before so hope it's fine and she has a good time.

Wakey by a last second drop goal from Sykes.

Bradford by 18. I think we have a very good 17 - top five or six potential.

It'll be once the season starts and we pick up a few injuries that we'll fall away.

Having seen both teams in pre season games against Leeds, Bradford and quite comfortably. Scruton and Walker look good in the forwards,whilst the half back pairing of Sammut and kearney worked well.

I was thinking a wakey win and easy, but looking at the bulls 17 I'm going to say the bulls by 14

I'm actually thinking the bulls could make the top 8. Just hope they don't have too many injuries..... They deserve some good times, especially the fans.

Good luck bully fans.

Has the world gone mad??? All these people backing the Bulls. Surely the boggy conditions won't give Bradford that much of an advantage.

Hard one to call, this one. It could go either way. Bradford seemed to put up a good job against Leeds but I don't know how many young players were playing on either side and anyway, Leeds are generally poor for most of the year so that probably isn't a good marker. Should be a good game between what appear to be two fairly even sides.

Has the world gone mad??? All these people backing the Bulls. Surely the boggy conditions won't give Bradford that much of an advantage.

It's not exactly tipping a giant killing though is it? Most people have said it's two very similar sides, which I'd have to agree with. The bookies have Bradford as favourites by 10, so fill your boots!

Despite the forecast there hasn't been anything like the amount of rain we could have had over the last couple of days. Odsal drains pretty well anyway, so provided we don't get a month's worth of rain in the next few days the Bulls' cause should be helped a fast and reasonably dry track. Soz, can't see much consolation for you.... B) unless you pray for rain.... :)

Despite the forecast there hasn't been anything like the amount of rain we could have had over the last couple of days. Odsal drains pretty well anyway, so provided we don't get a month's worth of rain in the next few days the Bulls' cause should be helped a fast and reasonably dry track. Soz, can't see much consolation for you.... B) unless you pray for rain.... :)

like the Bulls ooze pace!!! :O:ohmy:

Come on Wakey by 20