Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

3 Feb - Bradford Bulls v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats - KO 3pm

Who will win?   18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bradford Bulls
    • Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 posts in this topic

It's chucked it down all day in Bradford

I'm about three miles from Odsal and we've not had much to be honest - are you a bit nearer?

like the Bulls ooze pace!!! :O:ohmy:

Come on Wakey by 20

Skilful teams like a dry track so I'm obviously hoping it dries up a bit, so we have some advantage. How's your prayers going.....? :lol:

Hard to judge this match bradford will be out to impress but we're not a bad side, a lot will depend if Tim Smith is fit. Come on Wakefield

Hard to judge this match bradford will be out to impress but we're not a bad side, a lot will depend if Tim Smith is fit. Come on Wakefield

Should be a good game mate, It's just briliant to have a team to watch from our pov. Looking forward to the kick off. :)

Wakefield squad: Richard Mathers, Peter Fox, Dean Collis, Ben Cockayne, Paul Sykes, Tim Smith, Justin Poore, Paul Aiton, Ali Lauiti'iti, Danny Kirmond, Danny Washbrook, Kyle Wood, Kyle Amor, Oliver Wilkes, Frankie Mariano, Reece Lyne, Matty Wildie, Brad Singleton, Chris Annakin.

Bradford squad: James Donaldson, Adam Sidlow, Michael Platt, Manase Manuokafoa, Jamie Langley, Matt Diskin, Brett Kearney, Nick Scruton, Heath L'Estrange, Matty Blythe, Keith Lulia, Elliott Whitehead, Elliot Kear, Jarrod Sammut, Danny Addy, Tom Olbison, Chev Walker, Jobe Murphy, Jamie Foster.

I suggest

Jamie Foster

Michael Platt, Matty Blythe, Keith Lulia, Elliot Kear

Brett Kearney, Jarrod Sammut

Manase Manuokafoa, Heath L'Estrange, Adam Sidlow

Elliott Whitehead, Tom Olbison,

Jamie Langley

Subs: Matt Diskin, Nick Scruton, Danny Addy, Chev Walker

Unlucky?: James Donaldson, Jobe Murphy

No place for Adrian Purtell by the looks of it.

Likely Wakefield line up

Mathers

Fox Collis Lyne Cockayne

Sykes Smith

Amor Aiton Poore

Lauitiiti Kirmond

Washbrook

Wildie Mariano Wilkes Singleton

I suggest

Jamie Foster

Michael Platt, Matty Blythe, Keith Lulia, Elliot Kear

Brett Kearney, Jarrod Sammut

Manase Manuokafoa, Heath L'Estrange, Adam Sidlow

Elliott Whitehead, Tom Olbison,

Jamie Langley

Subs: Matt Diskin, Nick Scruton, Danny Addy, Chev Walker

Unlucky?: James Donaldson, Jobe Murphy

No place for Adrian Purtell by the looks of it.

Purtells still injured. Not due back til march

I'm really sceptical, all the right noises have been coming out of Odsal, but I've been let down before by the Bulls!

Has the world gone mad??? All these people backing the Bulls. Surely the boggy conditions won't give Bradford that much of an advantage.

The World seems to have maintained it's sanity...

Difference today was that Wakefield looked like they thought the season starts in a fortnight's time and Bradford looked like they have been waiting for this for months. Some great play from us - first try worth the price of admission alone. Not the finished article and I'm not getting carried away, but it's pleasing to see the best opening day from us in about a decade.

Also the team spirit from the players who were at Odsal last year was immense again. Will see us through a few tough spots again this year I hope.

Excellent performance by the Bulls. Wakefield looked well off the pace; a bit similar to Hull against Leeds on Friday.

Early days but very promising.

Solid performance in all sections of the team. Good offloads, plenty of effort and we coped well under the swirling high ball.

Two "old boys" turned back the clock ... Nick Scruton and Chev Walker were outstanding up front. Jarrod Sammut got the MOM award. I'd have taken him off after an hour, we need to keep him fit until Luke Gale can return; we are down to the bare bones at halfback.

Having seen both teams in pre season games against Leeds, Bradford and quite comfortably. Scruton and Walker look good in the forwards,whilst the half back pairing of Sammut and kearney worked well.

Excellent performance by the Bulls. Wakefield looked well off the pace; a bit similar to Hull against Leeds on Friday.

Early days but very promising.

Solid performance in all sections of the team. Good offloads, plenty of effort and we coped well under the swirling high ball.

Two "old boys" turned back the clock ... Nick Scruton and Chev Walker were outstanding up front. Jarrod Sammut got the MOM award. I'd have taken him off after an hour, we need to keep him fit until Luke Gale can return; we are down to the bare bones at halfback.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day ;)

Well I didn't expect that.

First off, we got everything, including the bounce of the ball, whether or not we deserved it is a matter of personal opinion.

But I was very impressed, I can't get carried away but I was amazed to see we were actually creative. Top job today Bradford.

Thought the Bulls played us off the park today they got the total rub of the green, I thought Thaler was exceptionally poor but had been consistent I am certain here would have only been one winner and they have the two points already.

Very pleased with that effort. Strong in all areas, quick off the line, creative at half and lots of successful offloading. I thought we looked very fit as well. Sammut and Walker stand out players, Kear and Scrutes not far behind - Fosters kicking = like having Deacon back. Very reassuring.

Only the first game but definitely reasons to be cheerful.

Trin looked a bit slow to be honest. Not sure of the sermingly deliberate tactic of attacking the ball helped as they kept knocking-on when they weren't even in possession, strange one that. And Cockayne continues to be a first class prat.

Impressed by Reece Lyne for the visitors.