Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Italia RFL

Press Release – FIRFL 2013 Season: Growth, Expansion, & Internationals!

9 posts in this topic

All very positive, but why o why are there two RL governing bodies in Italy,mplease someone tell me this has been sorted out

All very positive, but why o why are there two RL governing bodies in Italy,mplease someone tell me this has been sorted out

I won't go into why as it happened 3 years ago. Very similar situation to USA split though

But no it hasn't been sorted. As far as I have been told the FIRL's constiution has been redrafted for nearly 2 years.

Back in October/Nov last year the constitution didn't match the FIRFL's (breakaway) beliefs of voting/membership structure / elections etc. Basically told the FIRL it needs to follow CONI policy (Italian Sports GOV agency that funds recognised sports bodies) and no reply thereafter as doing it their own way.

our executives submitted the FIRL constiution to CONI for a review and was not treated as okay.

The FIRL has mentioned in their media they are soon to complete another redraft though.

Video of the Season Launch on National FTA television channel (in Italian though but just showing coverage can be reached for a new sport)