Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Padge

February Photo Comp, Black and White as chosen by Kenny Tiger

98 posts in this topic

i don't have a decent enough camera, my little lumix is not up to taking fancy black and white shots.

how do i turn on smileys and editing on here?

I wouldn't let your camera type worry you. Admittedly this shot isn't in black & white, but it's one of my favourites out of all of the photos I've ever taken. It was done using a 3mp mobile phone camera. You can have the best camera in the world and still take rubbish photos with it. I might have managed the odd one or two decent ones since I bought my latest one just before Christmas, but there's been an awful lot of rubbish I've not posted on here. :lol:

8374908400_96f5aa6c0e_c.jpg

Kolocep by 77gazza, on Flickr

Edit: I don't get flickr access properly at work, so if that isn't visable, I'll sort it when I get home this evening. ;)

Edit 2: There, works now.

ok you have convinced me i'll get my thinking cap on and see what i can do.

still can't get these smileys to work though.

how do i turn on smileys?

Scroll down to the Reply to this topic box, bottom right click the More Reply Options button, now on the right hand-side under Post Options check the Enable emoticons? box is ticked.

Simples.

how do i turn on Editing?

Next to the MultiQute button, to the left of it in fact, is a greyed out Edit Button, hover over it with your mouse and it becomes active just click on it to edit your post.

Simples x 2

Black and White Kit.

IMG_6218_zps9bf3b2e6.jpg

the first one.

I'd agree with that, the first is best imo.

I've probably gone a bit bonkers again and am going to have to decide which one to enter, and I'm more undecided than with the plethora I posted in the January comp as none of them this month really stand out. More than a week left to get more in yet too. :D

I'd agree with that, the first is best imo.

I've probably gone a bit bonkers again and am going to have to decide which one to enter, and I'm more undecided than with the plethora I posted in the January comp as none of them this month really stand out. More than a week left to get more in yet too. :D

but that's the whole point isn't it?

you are stimulated by the challenge.

but that's the whole point isn't it?

you are stimulated by the challenge.

The evidence would suggest you're right. :D

I've got one as well

excellent machines

So have I, one of the best compacts going.

I've a Lumix FS3 which we got a year or two ago as camera to pop in a pocket for holidays, etc. Not a great deal of manual adjustability, but does some nice snapshots on the various auto settings, such as this one.

8374904436_535565bb76_c.jpg

Mauritius by 77gazza, on Flickr

shadow.

shadow_zps94678d19.jpg

All that fuss about not having a suitable camera... that's a cracking bit of imagination for the theme.

All photos must be taken between February 1st 2013 and February 28th 2013 and posted on this thread between these dates.

Mmm. Going to have to get myself organised. I'm going away for a few days next week, and won't be home until 1st March, so won't get the opportunity to enter anything I take whilst away unless I can work some way of uploading it. :dry: Time to get the thinking hat on.

Now that I like... just nicely finished by the silhouette of the person in shot.

i like that a lot, it's kind of liquidy :)

All that fuss about not having a suitable camera... that's a cracking bit of imagination for the theme.

just walking back frorm the shops with the wife and i had my camera in my hand.

gazza, should you not be posting a lot of this stuff on the general photography thread and then deciding what to throw into the comp.

As the person who trawls through this lot to find each persons correct photo it can tend to make it hard work.

I love your enthusiasm by the way and its not meant as a criticism of you personally or of your photography.

at te risk of bing sent to pseuds' corner

it reminds me of something by Man Ray

gazza, should you not be posting a lot of this stuff on the general photography thread and then deciding what to throw into the comp.

As the person who trawls through this lot to find each persons correct photo it can tend to make it hard work.

I love your enthusiasm by the way and its not meant as a criticism of you personally or of your photography.

That's fine. As a relative newcomer to the photo comps, I've been working on the basis that if something meets the criteria and I want to post it on this site, that the comp thread is the place to do it for analyis before deciding upon the final entry. I appreciate the job you're doing is a good one, and time consuming, so if it's the done thing to be a little more selective in entering the comp and post most things into the general photo thread is the way to go, then I'm happy to oblige. :)

As an aside, I've been having a chat in the local tonight with the guy who runs our local photography group, which is a fairly informal and broad skillset collective. I'm intending joining them, and they apparently have a monthly theme too, so maybe you'll end up with a few less from me as I'll have two different trains of thought on the go at once. ;):D

at te risk of bing sent to pseuds' corner

it reminds me of something by Man Ray

man ray?

the wife said it reminded her of an album cover. ;)