Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manx RL

Brian Barwick New RFL Chairman

89 posts in this topic

i don't have a grudge against wood....i just think he's not very good :lol:

you want to hear what he thinks of you!!

he tried telling me once but he had a couple of pies in his mouth so could'nt make out what he was saying,,

Calm down LRL. Wood is the CEO.and a good job he seems to be doing, too. Barwick's is a non-exec role, its 5 to 6 days a month and If there were many problems to sort out, it would be an exec role and more than five or six days a month.

I do think that behind the scene's Nigel Wood does a good job in his position. Yes he could do better and will. Lets be honest as regards work we could all do better,and improve our perfomances.

You could argue it, but you'd be completely wrong. The 2 roles are very different and should have clear demarcation lines between them. There is very little crossover between them.

Well yes, I agree, however historically plenty of businesses have had one person doing both these roles. Not any more, but the fact that these have been the same role in the past held by the same person shows that there absolutely is some crossover.

The splitting and clear responsibilities of these two positions is very positive though IMHO.

Well yes, I agree, however historically plenty of businesses have had one person doing both these roles. Not any more, but the fact that these have been the same role in the past held by the same person shows that there absolutely is some crossover.

The splitting and clear responsibilities of these two positions is very positive though IMHO.

There is cross over but there absolutely should not be. The corporate governance rules were changed to "outlaw" the practice some years ago.

Being England its not actually illegal but any one who tries it gets a heck of a lot of stick from the press and shareholders

he tried telling me once but he had a couple of pies in his mouth so could'nt make out what he was saying,,

Is unjustified personal abuse an Oldham trait, or is it confined just to you?

Is unjustified personal abuse an Oldham trait, or is it confined just to you?

I see you've recovered from the sense of humour bypass operation, well done you

John the keyboard warrior. Just because people dont rate Wood and how he does things doesnt mean they are wrong. The guy doesnt exactly have a great record and the game is even more fragmented now than ever before and alot of that is down to Nigel Wood and the RFL

Valid criticism and informed opinion is fine. Ruffyed was having a go at Wood because he is fat. Wood can go on a diet but ruffyed will always be from Oldham.

There was an interesting discussion about Brian Barwick on Try Time on Radio Merseyside last night at 6 p.m. Well worth listening on playback to what Allan Rooney, Ray French and others thought about him.

There was an interesting discussion about Brian Barwick on Try Time on Radio Merseyside last night at 6 p.m. Well worth listening on playback to what Allan Rooney, Ray French and others thought about him.

Care to offer us a brief synopsis?

Valid criticism and informed opinion is fine. Ruffyed was having a go at Wood because he is fat. Wood can go on a diet but ruffyed will always be from Oldham.

Am sure your on the RFL or some of your best mates are.