Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Widnes players

81 posts in this topic

Not of the Widnes Hulme clan it was interesting to read . No doubt all three will be in the 17 . Nice booster for us.

i think luppy will play stand off until matty returns then callum will go into the halves.

Why are there so many mysteries about who we might see playing where for our team? Why can't we go back to days gone by when teams were announced a couple of days before the matches?

If fit you'd think Lupton , Coyle , Callum and Olstrum in the middle with Forber offering utility off the bench but yep who knows !

All it says in the times @ star that widnes will make 3 players available not that they are playing.

All it says in the times @ star that widnes will make 3 players available not that they are playing.

Well corrected. Just read the T & S article again, and to quote Gary Charlton: “Widnes have been good enough to help us out and we have got three good players available for Sunday,” ……. “But it’s an agreement that has got to benefit Workington, the team and the players, not Widnes. “We will take everything into account before deciding on which players we will take, and that includes the opposition, Town players with knocks, and those needing a rest. But we will be giving all out lads a fair chance and, I repeat, any players coming to play for us have got to suit Town.”

It is not therefore a given that all three will be in the team, especially as Keith T rightly says, the Widnes site only states that Declan will make his debut for Town and fails to mention the two Props.

It is interesting to note that the only other players available and fit (to the best of my knowledge) to play for us under the DR banner this week would have been: Owens – FB; Gore – SO, SH Gilmore – SH; Lawton – P.

Like Keith, I much prefer to know initial squads for games two days before the match.

Paul wood named in 19 man Warrington squad

They have named 7 dual registered players which seems pointless really as 2 of them will have to be dropped from the 17, so they are playing a full complement of 5 DR players.

I can see, 3-4 years time the championship will be renamed to Super league reserve/feeder club championship.

assuming all these players are fit my team would be CARTER CALDERS MOSSOP MORRIS HULME COYLE LUPTON DOWES PHILLIPS WAINE STACK PHILLIPS OLSTRUM bench THACKARY COWARD FORBER GASKELL.What do you think??.

Thacks is banned. Surely you've got to use the two Widnes forwards . Amazed if we don't .

They have named 7 dual registered players which seems pointless really as 2 of them will have to be dropped from the 17, so they are playing a full complement of 5 DR

players.

Agree Keith,thats why the old way of limiting the amount of players you can register rather than Limiting the amount you can play was far better ,and again the age restriction should still apply

I don't think the age thing is too much of a problem and I have no beef against Swinton playing Wood and McCarthy to be honest. What I can't understand is why they have 7 (some are saying 9 - Garth Walker on Twitter) Warrington players named in their 19 man squad. That to me is deliberately flouting the rule as they can only play 5 DR and/or loan players in any one game.

This is why I am not a lover of this system because there are so many ways that clubs can get round what little rules there are in place.

I don't think the age thing is too much of a problem and I have no beef against Swinton playing Wood and McCarthy to be honest. What I can't understand is why they have 7 (some are saying 9 - Garth Walker on Twitter) Warrington players named in their 19 man squad. That to me is deliberately flouting the rule as they can only play 5 DR and/or loan players in any one game.

This is why I am not a lover of this system because there are so many ways that clubs can get round what little rules there are in place.

Keith, there is a Paul Wood named in the 19 man squad for Warrington!

Keith, there is a Paul Wood named in the 19 man squad for Warrington!

Yes it's the same person but the link that Monkeydo has posted states that he will play at Swinton.

I am not too concerned about that but I can't help thinking that Warrington and Swinton have short circuited the system by registering several Warrington players as Swinton players. If that is the case just watch at the end of the season how they will all suddenly become Warrington players again and that is why this DR system is unworkable.

They know they could only play either 5 DR players or 5 loan players or a combination of DR and loan players up to 5 and they seem to have got round this by these players being registered with Swinton as their players, if that is what is being said is correct.

I thought that once a player was named in the 19 man squad for one team, he couldn't play that weekend for the DR partner.

I thought that once a player was named in the 19 man squad for one team, he couldn't play that weekend for the DR partner.

The way things are going who knows what's allowed or not allowed now?? They are making a right mess of it between them.

if thats right about the Swinton side using more than 5 it makes the link ups even more of a joke...what is the championship coming too ?