Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bomber is god

team for Swinton

54 posts in this topic

Just looking at the 19 man Swinton squad to meet us and it contains 7 dual registered players including Paul Wood, Tyrone McArthey, James Laithwaite, Ryan Shaw, Glen Riley, Bridge (brother of Chris) and Ormsby. As you can only play 5 dual registered or loaned players it seems silly to name so many in your 19.

Those are good players Keith . Swinton have really exploited this link up to the full . With a small squad signed up they've obviously planned the season around this to a degree more than anyone . Critics denigrating the system will look at them firstly. Not sure how it benefits they're long term club development.

It'll be interesting to see how paul wood goes. Whether his heart will be in it or not etc. I expect the championship will be more his level as i've long thought he wasn't good enough for super league. Still wasn't expecting it though

My eyes are not as good as they used to be, but I'm sure that Paul Wood is named in both the Swinton squad and the 19 man squad for Warrington!

True it's in sky sports and I thought if you were in the squad you couldn't play, amor was like that a lot with the jam a few years ago

Charlo said on radio Cumbria stack is out,but it said thacks could play due to a RFL error

Brilliant! If Thacks is half as pleased as I am we are in for some display on Sunday

Don't think his has changed, it said they were waiting for confirmation but thacks could play due to RFL error

No doubt the six Swinton players had contracts with Warrington which would have to be cancelled. I wonder did the players have any choice thereafter as I would have thought Ryan Shaw was happy at Barrow last year and no doubt would have liked to have played for them again this year. The RFL should be looking in to these things but they probably wont.

Don't think his has changed, it said they were waiting for confirmation but thacks could play due to RFL error

Acton has now got a reduced match ban so he only misses two games an after halifax its game on.

Acton has now got a reduced match ban so he only misses two games an after halifax its game on.

Two games total or two more games? Widnes friendly would of counted for 1

It's true what people say about the RFL ... Err on the week of the new season 5 months after the old one we learn of a change in suspensions , but err we don't get sent the email and , err , the Maryport run around would have counted as a friendly , so , err , Thacks get ready to play at the last minute even though your offence was in September !!! This and all the other stuff combined makes them look so amateurish and inept . As I've said SL seem to run the game now and the best administrators look after that . The RFL don't help their own image

Declan Hulme on the wing tomorrow, hes the only widnes player playing for us.

Declan Hulme on the wing tomorrow, hes the only widnes player playing for us.

I got told two players but might be wrong

nope only hulme, dont need the props because we have thacks, coward, dowes and walne

Did I read no Stack ? If so who's playing second row . I thought Kavanagh played there

My mate will be raging his got stack in his dream team got told by the man himself that he was playing

Stack is definitely playing.I think the team will start with. CARTER CALDERS MORRIS MOSSOP HULME FORBER COYLE WAINE PHILLIPS DOWS STACK PHILLIPS LUPTON .BENCH THACKRAY OLSTRUM the other 2 ???