Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buford t justice

Alex Walmsley

65 posts in this topic

News from the stands is that he will be with us for 2 weeks!!

News from the stands is that he will be with us for 2 weeks!!

How does this thing work regarding training. Do the players train with there own club and just turn up match day for Batley if selected by your coach because if that's the case you will never get a settled team to play will you

Isn't this exactly the same arrangement fev had with leeds for zak hardaker as we have with saints for Alex walmsley

So good to see him back in a Batley shirt today ...

He seemed to really enjoy it. His work rate for a big forward is impressive. He made so many runs and seemed like he was going to break the line each time.

Isn't this exactly the same arrangement fev had with leeds for zak hardaker as we have with saints for Alex walmsley

Exactly, Bob. It's also a similar arrangement to the one that would have been made between Featherstone and Leeds, had the former signed him on Leeds' behalf - as they were attempting to do.

Says on bbc that brown will stick with the same saints team this weekend! Does that mean the beast will play at sheffield?

Says on bbc that brown will stick with the same saints team this weekend! Does that mean the beast will play at sheffield?

good news about that is ade gardner , anthony walker and i believe paul clough could be playing for haven on sun if selected i think its wrong but seen as though everyone seems to be doing it then why not

Did not do you much good

Nope, it didn't. We were very poor. Mind you, Sheffield are an excellent side, aren't they? They're the current champions, you know. Forget who they beat in the Grand Final last season?

Irrelevant!

They were better than us that day. C'est la vie.

That's not being debated is it????

I just really hate this dr system.

Was that the point of his post or did it have one.

none whatsoever! I posted it on yhe wrong soddin thread! !!!

none whatsoever! I posted it on yhe wrong soddin thread! !!!

Right. So PSF was just being pointless and provocative. Surprised he didn't roll out the 'sold your soul' comment that is particularly de rigueur amongst many of the Featherstone Fans at the moment.

As ot happens dd, repeating my misplaced post... I do think the dr system is flawed beyond belief and does ###### all for the game long term. Psf may well have been provocative. .. I do know this system angers hom no end.

I'm not into swerping statements about all fev fans or all batley fans. But fev's bod believe the system to be a disaster. Most fev fans feel similar. So when/if a team with dr players loses to a team without, I can see some comment coming across re that system!

Ah the swear filter. Apparently dos spelt backwards is not acceptable :lol:

As ot happens dd, repeating my misplaced post... I do think the dr system is flawed beyond belief and does ###### all for the game long term. Psf may well have been provocative. .. I do know this system angers hom no end.

I'm not into swerping statements about all fev fans or all batley fans. But fev's bod believe the system to be a disaster. Most fev fans feel similar. So when/if a team with dr players loses to a team without, I can see some comment coming across re that system!

I think you will find, and I know we are going over old ground here, that an awful lot of supporters of Championship club supporters feel the same way about the link ups. I have made my concern very clear about this issue. It is though, immensely irritating when supporters of other clubs seem to think they have the moral high ground on this. Yes it is a public forum and they are entitled to comment freely about any issue they wish, but many of your supporters are nothing short of arrogant and ill informed (I think we know who they are!) about this issue and how we all feel. An example of this is on two of our threads about yesterdays game, we have two comments from fans of your club making comments or asking questions about this issue since yesterdays match.

Back to my feelings, I feel rather helpless in the sense that I am unable to influence this decision. As I have said though, to stop supporting my club is not an option. It really is easy to state that if your club did this then you would not support your club anymore, despite many of your supporters saying this! How do any of you know this? It is easy to say but not easy to do. I have commented on this before. I am delighted that up to now we have not used any Huddersfield players. Walmesley I am ok with as that would have happened previously.

Anyway, I could go on, but it is just going around the houses. All I would add is that some of your supporters need to show a little empathy and understand that while your club is in the ascendency, it's sometimes not easy being a supporter of our clubs at the moment.

By the way I did not make a sweeping statement about Featherstone supporters in any of my posts.

If in 2006 when batley used to beat fev with a great deal of regularity, dr was introduced, I would still be against this.

I accept tour comments re dr. In your place I woukd be left in exactly the same position.

If in 2006 when batley used to beat fev with a great deal of regularity, dr was introduced, I would still be against this.

I accept tour comments re dr. In your place I woukd be left in exactly the same position.

in the past 2/3 seasons we have had 2 dual reg / loan players , so have all championship sides (inc fev) , the majority of ours came from hudds(young and untried in SL) , apart from last season , when we had Green (hull k r )n Grehan (cas) , we won the rail cup with a try from a loan player from Hudds . This season has gone a step too far from some clubs all ready not by us tho , yet , but it does worry me , what will happen next season when rfl reduce funding to champ clubs by 10,000 , im not easy with it , but have to trust that our board will do the best for Batley n the championship , its easy to preach when your clubs not doing it , but it is out of our hands , the RFL have now opened pandoras box , it wont be easy to shut it back up now , I dont like this , but how as fans do we stop it

Dunno bob. But if my club was foing it I'd be no less vociferous in my opposition to it.

For some who perhaps aren't as hardened as ourselves and the distant one, the DR is a bridge too far! I know of fans of fev n york who say this is enough. Only time will tell if they mean it.

Dunno bob. But if my club was foing it I'd be no less vociferous in my opposition to it.

For some who perhaps aren't as hardened as ourselves and the distant one, the DR is a bridge too far! I know of fans of fev n york who say this is enough. Only time will tell if they mean it.

Hardened perhaps Robin, but struggling with supporting the club and game I have loved and followed for over 45 years.

I first watch fev v wigan as a 12 year old on a dreary afternoon in 1973.

I have never felt more despondent and disillusioned about the game in all those years. Sad.