Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE RED ROOSTER

Kevin Sinfield Interview in The Daily Mail

10 posts in this topic

Also a piece in the sport mag this morning, though nothing really about SL, more about Sinfield.. and of course the traditional inclusion on as many RU references as possible, which i guess is impossible to avoid in that particular publication.

Nice read. I wish we got more of these kind of articles in major publications - we certainly do for certain other sports.

The on-line edition of the Mail has 6.5 million unique browsers per day, 105 million unique browsers per month. I'm pretty sure this is by far the most read on-line publication by far. How many read their RL articles compared with those who read about Katie Price's breasts, I can't say, though.

Also a piece in the sport mag this morning, though nothing really about SL, more about Sinfield.. and of course the traditional inclusion on as many RU references as possible, which i guess is impossible to avoid in that particular publication.

Actually, on the next page after Sinfield's 2-page interview, there's a 'Six to watch' guide (kieran Dixon, Danny Brough, Jodie Broughton, Rangi Chase, Willie Manu & Kallum Watkins). Opposite is a full page advert for the Broncos/Widnes game, pushing the hashtag #backthebroncos. That's in the London edition, anyway.

Good article. Sir Kev's profile has really taken a step up since he became capt of England. There are a number of players now that people outside the sport may be aware of, such as Sir Kev, Sam and Ryan Hall.

Younger players coming in to the game can look at them and see that if they reach the top, the can be on the telly, or in the papers, which seems to be important to people these days.

Good article. Sir Kev's profile has really taken a step up since he became capt of England. There are a number of players now that people outside the sport may be aware of, such as Sir Kev, Sam and Ryan Hall.

Younger players coming in to the game can look at them and see that if they reach the top, the can be on the telly, or in the papers, which seems to be important to people these days.

There seems to be a new focus from Red Hall regarding the media, don't try and promote the competition itself, promote the personalities, they then promote the competition naturally.

Of course Sinfield, Tomkins etc once set up for this 'face of the game' type profile/exposure will attract the seedier side of journalism out to discredit them.

The video weirded me out a bit. It was like some strange POV dating ad :D