Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gazza77

Photography Printing

Calibrate your screen, laptops are ###### for profiling so dont bother unless it uses a PLS or IPS screen, use the labs profiles as well, get an IPS monitor, nothing else comes close.

I just decide what looks ok and press print

works a treat

RidingPie    301

Problem with this photography lark is there's always something pulling at the purse strings!

How true! I keep having to stop myself from buying a new lens... f1.4's are so damn expensive.... even the primes

How true! I keep having to stop myself from buying a new lens... f1.4's are so damn expensive.... even the primes

i'm lying low at the moment

no sense in pushing ones luck

Futtocks    5,852

I've got Paint Shop Pro on my work computer, which I love, but the product doesn't exist anymore, having been absorbed into the Adobe empire. Much nicer and more intuitive to use than Photoshop.

As well as Gimp, which I have only briefly tried, check out Paint.net, which is another freeware progamme. I have it on my laptop at home, and like it. Although I don't use it much, it may be suitable for your needs.Just noticed - their forum has a familiar look!

gazza77    193

I haven't printed anthing seriously of my own for a long time.

I use these guys. Follow their instructions and you will get excellant results.

www.dscolourlabs.co.uk/

They are really helpful as well, I had a small issue early on when I was using them and their Technical Director rang me to talk me through the problem.

I gave these guys a try for half a dozen A3 sized prints, including some of the ones that I'd previously had done on a smaller size by Photobox, albeit that I'd reworked slightly to adjust the lighting, etc.

I'm pretty pleased with them, to the extent that they arrived yesterday, two are now framed and on my wall and another couple will be going up when I've got suitably sized framed for them. :)

Padge    2,301

I gave these guys a try for half a dozen A3 sized prints, including some of the ones that I'd previously had done on a smaller size by Photobox, albeit that I'd reworked slightly to adjust the lighting, etc.

I'm pretty pleased with them, to the extent that they arrived yesterday, two are now framed and on my wall and another couple will be going up when I've got suitably sized framed for them. smile.png

Glad your pleased with the results, I have no reason to promote them other than they have done great prints for me and given excellent service.