Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ArmchairRhino

Segregation at Wakey

7 posts in this topic

It doesn't read like it's a strict segregation, more like "we would prefer you to stand here"

Not necessarily a bad thing if that's the case. Went there for a game last year and struggled to find the away fans as they were all dotted about the stadium (and there weren't that many as it was Catalans)

The fact is that loads of grounds have some form of segregation, even if it is just recommended:

Wire, Saints, Wigan, Leeds, Hull, Hull KR, Hudds, Catalan, Widnes, Salford, London and now Wakey all sell tickets for 'away' areas.

Even in the past where there has been no segregation, fans generally flock together.

I've always wondered at Odsal why Hull KR and Huddersfield fans stand down the popular side, no problems with them doing so, it just goes against convention.

As I say, as long as it's not enforced, I'm happy with it. I often like to have a wander during the course of a match

I've always wondered at Odsal why Hull KR and Huddersfield fans stand down the popular side, no problems with them doing so, it just goes against convention.

With Hull KR, that's because they've filled the Rooley Lane end and all the banking behind it.

With Huddersfield, it's because it's nearer to his house.