Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marshy1

Squad For Sunday

160 posts in this topic

How many of the 19 are Dual registered?

6 by my calculations with morrison on loan and maybe riley has signed pernament god knows

Does it really matter.

The RL has set the playing field and we are making full use of it rightly or wrongly. if we don't other clubs will.

How many of the 19 are Dual registered?

Not totally clear. There are nine candidates. Namely: Ryan Shaw, Jack Morrison, James Mendieka, Danny Bridge, Glenn Riley, Gene Ormsby, Paul Wood, James Laithwaite & Tyrone McCarthy.

However there has been no confirmation whether Mendieka and Riley are on Dual Registration or some other sort of agreement. They simply popped up without prior warning into the side against Leigh in last week's friendly.

On the understanding that the maximum number of Dual Registered players per match in the Championship is supposed to be 5 and at least 7 of the above will need to appear to make up a full 17, perhaps Mendieka and Riley are now contracted to Swinton??? All a bit "cloak and dagger".

The rules are that "in any one game the Championship club is only allowed to have 5 dual registered and/or loan players in any matchday 17", so it would seem pointless naming 7.

I thought loan players were separate?

Not according to the rules as they appear in the RL Express this week (bottom of page 19).

DoesThe fact that squad numbers have been allocated to them should say something as to there status.?? Just a question by the way.

Fair play to the club who are simply abiding by the rules but personally I don't like it.Involving established Super League players undermines the integrity of the competition.

When was the last time Swinton had a player of wood or mccarthys standard playing for them.

i dont care what you miserable doom mongers say im as happy as a Kidd at Christmas, so to speak. ;-)

From what I hear Workinton will have a fair representation of Widnes players.

Does a maximum of 3 seem fair enough?

yep because you can do the same as us.

We have 23 players who are Workington Town players, from those a minimum of 14 will be playing!

yep because you can do the same as us.

According to the Widnes website only Declan Hulme from their club is playing for Town.

just letting you know that the previously dual regs are now fully registered so the 3 named tonight are our dual regs... according to a tweet by Chris Brierley

just letting you know that the previously dual regs are now fully registered so the 3 named tonight are our dual regs... according to a tweet by Chris Brierley

So they have short circuited the system by registering them as Swinton players. When do they go back to being Warrington players again?

Blah blah blah! Who cares, if were getting wood and mccarthy for sundays game im all for it!

Wayne

Blah blah blah! Who cares, if were getting wood and mccarthy for sundays game im all for it!

Wayne

mmmm hope some one is taking close look at the notional values for salary cap.

9 Warrington players does rather seem to be pushing the dual registration system

a little far.

We have lots of injuries and suspensions but still won't be using more than three dual

registration players still long as you are happy being Wire feeder team.

So I see Warrington reserves might beat Workington at the weekend then . I wonder where swinton lions have gone?

So I see Warrington reserves might beat Workington at the weekend then . I wonder where swinton lions have gone?

Jealous????? Bore off! hahahaha