Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marshy1

Squad For Sunday

160 posts in this topic

According to Gareth Walker on Twitter Morrison,Riley,Mendieka ,Shaw and Ormsby have all now signed permanent deals with us having previously been dual registered.

Most of what you say about our club was equally true last season

If I remember correctly our team gave fev a real going over. We showed so much pride in being swinton it took a try off a massive forward pass scored by a convicted drug dealer and cheat signed on a short term contract to win it in the final second. Where were you on the moral high ground on that one?

WOW You really do know how to miss a point! Your making yourself look silly so I shall leave you too it. Before I go though here is a clue for you! its not about the team, its about the club. Do you have a youth set up? How many Kids do your community team educate each year? Are you based in your local community? Do you have partnerships with organisations in Swinton? Do you have a heritage group? etc etc etc ............................................. A club is more than 17 guys thrown on a field.

well mark these lads that have come to your club from warrington are now swinton players correct. Now after 5 or 6 games swinton get a good offer for one from a super league club can swinton sell im or have they got to get permission from warrington ???

WOW You really do know how to miss a point! Your making yourself look silly so I shall leave you too it. Before I go though here is a clue for you! its not about the team, its about the club. Do you have a youth set up? How many Kids do your community team educate each year? Are you based in your local community? Do you have partnerships with organisations in Swinton? Do you have a heritage group? etc etc etc ............................................. A club is more than 17 guys thrown on a field.

You missed my point too...so lets agree to disagree. Calling me silly for standing up for MY club?

Get a grip.

Some interesting links for you proving your deep lack of knowledge of our history;

http://www.swintonlionstales.co.uk/

http://www.lionstrust.co.uk/

Of course at FEV you have a full team of locally sourced local players...not a single one signed from elsewhere

well mark these lads that have come to your club from warrington are now swinton players correct. Now after 5 or 6 games swinton get a good offer for one from a super league club can swinton sell im or have they got to get permission from warrington ???

I dont know you dont know

Don't know why you're asking me!

I asked you MARK because you seem to be well informed about all things to do about your club may be you could find out and let us all know . I am sure most fans including you would like to know?.

I asked you MARK because you seem to be well informed about all things to do about your club may be you could find out and let us all know . I am sure most fans including you would like to know?.

Thanks for that vote of confidence. Im guessing that really though youre setting up a mickey take...

Mark,

Think Abu may be a boss, delegating you tasks that we would all like the answer to lol.

This thread has been well and truly hijacked.

Starting to look like a football forum.

Well it looks to me MARK that my question his to mutch an embarrassment for you or your club to answer .

Crikey Abu, you don't give a man much time to find the answer for you do you!? Lmao

Question only asked at 3.56

Maybe he has a life!

Do you know the answer to your own question? Yes or no response will suffice, or the answer. I am genuinely interested.

Well it looks to me MARK that my question his to mutch an embarrassment for you or your club to answer .

Eh?

Im not embarrassed by my club or my inability to answer a question I have no expertise in

I'll train you a nice German shepherd though...ask me one on that

I've got a German Shepherd that took an aversion to a microphone being shoved in its face yesterday. What do you suggest lol.

Gutted, I was on top spot on five posts for a second there, must be a record?!

I've got a German Shepherd that took an aversion to a microphone being shoved in its face yesterday. What do you suggest lol.

Gutted, I was on top spot on five posts for a second there, must be a record?!

Ha ha. Teach it to sing first it was no doubt embarrassed

Ha ha ha, going to teach it to type so it can come on here and talk nonsense.

Which stone did all these 'experts' crawl from under I wonder. Oh by the way if they have signed permanently then we will still get nothing if another club comes in, just like normal:D. P.S Abu do a spell check before you post again its off putting having to mentally correct your posts constantly. That is all:-P

Well pal just hope you get to my age and can still use a computer and dont make the odd spelling mistake but i will take your advice from now on.Just keeping my fingers crossed this is ok ah ah

You missed my point too...so lets agree to disagree. Calling me silly for standing up for MY club?

Get a grip.

Some interesting links for you proving your deep lack of knowledge of our history;

http://www.swintonlionstales.co.uk/

http://www.lionstrust.co.uk/

Of course at FEV you have a full team of locally sourced local players...not a single one signed from elsewhere

Interesting links although I never stated that your club lacked history or that I had any in-depth knowledge of it. And I will reiterate that I understand why in the short term this looks and attractive move for clubs. And perhaps the reason that Featherstone Fans are more against this than most is that they more than any other club have stood up against any threat to clubs like ours and yours, we were the most vocal club against mergers etc. As such we have felt the pain over the years but we have hung on, sometimes by luck sometimes by planning. I am a passionate fan of the game below super league and I can see what has been achieved at Fev and know other clubs can follow suit and have their own identity as well as a successful team. And in truth that is what my point is about, its not about, the players you will get or if you beat us or not. I fear teams like yourself are slowly losing your identity.

I understand that it may seem like their is little you can do but to take advantage of the rules in place and its hard to argue you shouldnt, but it is hardly a sustainable way to run a team, which in turn in my view will have an impact on your club.

I will say no more on the subject and wish Swinton lions all the best for 2013 and beyond.

Interesting links although I never stated that your club lacked history or that I had any in-depth knowledge of it. And I will reiterate that I understand why in the short term this looks and attractive move for clubs. And perhaps the reason that Featherstone Fans are more against this than most is that they more than any other club have stood up against any threat to clubs like ours and yours, we were the most vocal club against mergers etc. As such we have felt the pain over the years but we have hung on, sometimes by luck sometimes by planning. I am a passionate fan of the game below super league and I can see what has been achieved at Fev and know other clubs can follow suit and have their own identity as well as a successful team. And in truth that is what my point is about, its not about, the players you will get or if you beat us or not. I fear teams like yourself are slowly losing your identity.

I understand that it may seem like their is little you can do but to take advantage of the rules in place and its hard to argue you shouldnt, but it is hardly a sustainable way to run a team, which in turn in my view will have an impact on your club.

I will say no more on the subject and wish Swinton lions all the best for 2013 and beyond.

That is exactly it pete. We have fought hard over the years to keep the name Fev rovers and our club. We are not having a go at swinton what so ever we just care about our sport outside of SL and its clubs.

You asked about our heritage and community projects

Those are the answers

Do you really think if we came on your forum asking how do you afford hardman saxton etc on your crowds we would receive a friendly reception? . That I'd agree with you calling me silly because I dont bow down and say your point is hugely valid?

I've said all along I dont have the answers but I'm prepared to keep an open mind. Its not like we've signed thackeray dowes and calderwood is it? Looking outward and inward theres so much stuff going on...who can say one club is better than another? One club is law abiding and one isn't.

You're very lucky to be a fev fan. What would happen if it goes #### up? Would you stand by your club or would you slate it?

Good luck to you too. You no doubt will be champs again. So its all good.

So Gaz, say when the licence's are announced in 2014-15 or whenever it is and your lucky Fev numbers come up (genuinely wishing you luck with that). And then you get rid of 70-90% of your squad for tried and trusted SL players. You would refuse to go and watch games?

As I've posted on another thread, if a player is good enough for SL they will sign for an SL club. They wouldn't give Fev, Swinton, fax, Workington etc etc another thought.

So Gaz, say when the licence's are announced in 2014-15 or whenever it is and your lucky Fev numbers come up (genuinely wishing you luck with that). And then you get rid of 70-90% of your squad for tried and trusted SL players. You would refuse to go and watch games?

As I've posted on another thread, if a player is good enough for SL they will sign for an SL club. They wouldn't give Fev, Swinton, fax, Workington etc etc another thought.

That scenario is totally different to the one your club is facing bryce.The players that come in if we do get rid of any of our players that is.because I think if our players were full time they would do a good job for us in SL anyway. But back to the answer to your question. If we did bring in SL players they would be signed on by my club and they would be Fev rovers players not wigans, Leeds, wires etc. I've got nothing against swinton bryce as I've stated before in previous posts. I do how ever care for teams in the champ and the champ competition itself. I don't want any club to be dictated to by the so called bigger clubs of our sport or the RFL for that matter. I understand your club may be facing really tough times at the minute but do you really think this route is the answer to your problems? Do you honestly think Warrington or the RFL care about swinton lions? I'm only saying this because I do care just because I don't support swinton lions doesn't mean I don't care about the club or any other champ club for that matter. My club as been in a lot worse of a state than your club is in at the moment. and us fans did everything we could to stop the merger/ us being a feeder club etc and look where we are now. Ok we're not in SL but we are the best we can be at this moment in time. That's just my opinion though bryce whether I am right or wrong.