Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marshy1

Squad For Sunday

160 posts in this topic

Because he's a Leigh lad who was signed on by Leigh. He wasn't going to get a starting spot at Leigh (behind a Warrington DR player might I add, and a Saints DR player the year before that), so he signed for Swinton. Impressed in half a season and Leigh had him back.

If this is how the rules are meant t

I can understand the concerns about the system overall which has been put in place by the RFL, I would love to see 13 home-grown M27 lads on the pitch at all times, but why would any supporter stop supporting and watching the team they love because the club, as a professional club, are the club ahead of the game?

I'm sure, had Swinton sat back and let other clubs take the lead in this latest RFL meddling saga, we'd have had the same people on the forum slating the club for not being proactive.

If you don't like the rules the governing body of a sport set then have a go at the governing body, don't punish the club you support and love!

. Well if this is called being ahead of the game and this philosophy is what theRFL want to promote then I don't want to be part of it thank you very much.

It's basically because the majority are from Warrington. If they were spread out across the sl teams we'd have no problem. Ashall, Saints-Swinton-Fax

Higson, Leigh-Swinton-Leigh

Watson, Salford-Swinton-Leigh-Widnes Hawkyard, Bradford-Swinton

Hurst, Warrington-Swinton-Broncos

Armstrong, Saints-Swinton-Sheffield

This isn't a new thing, there's even more, Craig Ashall, Lee Patterson, Andy Coley, Lee Marsh, Phil Joseph, the list is endless.

Looks like you'll have to sign Briers, Westwood, Morley and both Monaghans next week.........

Possibly true on that showing. Well done Workington, a really solid performance from your boys.

Looks like you'll have to sign Briers, Westwood, Morley and both Monaghans next week.........

Que? :rolleyes:

Super Clarty Git Amang It Dip Fer Dippin Owt In

Que?

Que?

Translation: Super sticky get in among it dip for dipping anything in. (Cumbrian dialect)