Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

exiled rover

Worth a punt?

5 posts in this topic

Apparently......

"POWERHOUSE Karl Pryce is ready to drop down a division to save his career.

The former Wigan, London and Bradford ace was once dubbed the game’s strongest three-quarter.

But with the Super League kick-off hours away, Pryce, 26, finds himself without a club.

The one-time Great Britain squad member is happy to drop into the Championship in a bid to stay in the game.

He said: “I am fit and raring to go. I’ve trained on my own but am still waiting a call.

“If I have to drop down to a top Championship side, I will.

“Often you have to take a step back before coming forward.

“It’s going to be hard this weekend feeling like Billy No Mates but I’m sure somebody will resurrect my career.”

The pre-season friendlies showed that our outside backs are thin on the ground once we get a few injuries so is he worth a look?

We have form in rehabilitating SL players. If he did a Cockayne I would be highly delighted.

One thing I came away from the Wakefield game thinking was that although our makeshift backs played their hearts out & never stopped trying but we lacked size & pace against an average SL team.

If Wikipaedia is to be believed Pryce is, 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m) &

19 st 5 lb (123 kg)

So certainly has the size.

Thoughts?

If the salary cap allows then maybe on a pay as you play deal and see how he gets on.

From what i have seen he's not really broke any pots since returning from Union.

cant tackle and is lazy wouldn't last 2 mins with DP in charge

cant tackle and is lazy wouldn't last 2 mins with DP in charge

agreed