Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lobbygobbler

Worrying SL score margins

218 posts in this topic

when is this thread going to get locked?

because it is stupid, pointless, boring, and damn right embarrassing for lobby!!

I love Rugby League. I enjoy watching all levels of the game. I love the commitment of anyone who is prepared to play the greatest game. I love the pace, power and skill. If I watch a game where there is a "wide to West" moment or one sides superior skill creates a blowout score I still love Rugby League.

I apologise for my positiveness!

when is this thread going to get locked?

because it is stupid, pointless, boring, and damn right embarrassing for lobby!!

I think its hilarious.

I think its hilarious.

Its had me laughing for weeks, in fact it should be kept at the top of the page to cheer us all up over breakfast.

It's nice to see after 5 rounds every team has won at least once and lost at least once. Having a 6-point gap between top and bottom is reassuring, even though it is early days.

(Balls, it seems @scratchingshed2 got there before me on twitter, naymind I liked it too!)

Its had me laughing for weeks, in fact it should be kept at the top of the page to cheer us all up over breakfast.

Can we petition to get it pinned? Then again, when Warrington beat London 100-0 Lobby will have the last laugh.

The touch judges will wave them away.

:D

Well it made me laugh.

Well it made me laugh.

Only the clever ones are on my wavelength.

... although it did take you 4 days.

Perhaps, not surprisingly, I haven't looked at this thread for a while.

So you can sod off too.

Perhaps, not surprisingly, I haven't looked at this thread for a while.

So you can sod off too.

Score margins this weekend, apparently the time by which most lower-table teams will have given up because of no relegation.

Warrington-Widnes - 10

Hull-Salford - 5

Leeds-Hull KR - 4

London-Hudds - 14

Catalans-Wigan - 14

Cas-Bulls - 12

Wakey-Saints - 14

Doomed?

i know it makes an absolute laughing stock of the rationale for change doesnt it

Score margins this weekend, apparently the time by which most lower-table teams will have given up because of no relegation.Warrington-Widnes - 10Hull-Salford - 5Leeds-Hull KR - 4London-Hudds - 14Catalans-Wigan - 14Cas-Bulls - 12Wakey-Saints - 14Doomed?

A snapshot that suits an argument. I'm sure there will be rounds where the opposite is true.

Score margins this weekend, apparently the time by which most lower-table teams will have given up because of no relegation.

Warrington-Widnes - 10

Hull-Salford - 5

Leeds-Hull KR - 4

London-Hudds - 14

Catalans-Wigan - 14

Cas-Bulls - 12

Wakey-Saints - 14

Doomed?

So only two games within one converted score.

Warrington-Widnes - 10

Hull-Salford - 5

Leeds-Hull KR - 4

London-Hudds - 14

Catalans-Wigan - 14

Cas-Bulls - 12

Wakey-Saints - 14

Doomed?

Most of those teams did have something to play for though, including the likes of Salford (places for next season) and London (last match at home, possibly at Stoop, maybe anywhere).  I think only Widnes and Wakey didn't, unless you can include professional pride as motivation.  While I'm not a fan of P&R (due to the financial insecurities it raises), there is an imperative to win throughout the season, including once the play off teams have been sorted, in order to avoid the drop, so surely the rationale that overall there are likely to be more close games makes sense?

Most of those teams did have something to play for though, including the likes of Salford (places for next season) and London (last match at home, possibly at Stoop, maybe anywhere).  I think only Widnes and Wakey didn't, unless you can include professional pride as motivation.  While I'm not a fan of P&R (due to the financial insecurities it raises), there is an imperative to win throughout the season, including once the play off teams have been sorted, in order to avoid the drop, so surely the rationale that overall there are likely to be more close games makes sense?

No there isn't, many a team's relegation fate was known as early as they now now they won't make the play-offs.

Exactly

There might be 2 teams battling to avoid relegation, 2 teams fighting for the last playoff spot and all in between with nothing to play for and that's been the case for a couple of weeks

P&R changes nothing

Warrington-Widnes - 10

Hull-Salford - 5

Leeds-Hull KR - 4

London-Hudds - 14

Catalans-Wigan - 14

Cas-Bulls - 12

Wakey-Saints - 14

Doomed?

I wouldn't know because I'm not in the country, but how many of those fixtures were affected by rain? Wet conditions usually lead to much tighter games no matter which sides are playing. Cherry picking a weekend with wet fixtures doesn't prove that the league is still very competitive at this stage. I'm not saying your wrong, but the fixtures may not prove you right.

It was the latest round, that's hardly cherry picking is it?

And it's not like top teams haven't taken some beating this season

I wouldn't know because I'm not in the country, but how many of those fixtures were affected by rain? Wet conditions usually lead to much tighter games no matter which sides are playing. Cherry picking a weekend with wet fixtures doesn't prove that the league is still very competitive at this stage. I'm not saying your wrong, but the fixtures may not prove you right.

So hang on, by your theory, during the P&R period no fixtures were affected by rain????

So hang on, by your theory, during the P&R period no fixtures were affected by rain????

It's well known that since moving to the summer we have played in far worse weather conditions and this have artificially levelled the competition.

It's well known that since moving to the summer we have played in far worse weather conditions and this have artificially levelled the competition.

Glad we sorted that one out.

Exactly

There might be 2 teams battling to avoid relegation, 2 teams fighting for the last playoff spot and all in between with nothing to play for and that's been the case for a couple of weeks

P&R changes nothing

well that depends on how you want to position your argument.

In the 8/8/8 structure you have to avoid missing the cut, and then you have another couple of months to avoid the next cut. There is in effect a double round of relegation.

Whether people like it or not, it is pretty easy to make a good argument for the 3*8 option leading to more crucial games.