Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bar red

Sky Clowns

87 posts in this topic

I've Backchat on record, anxious now if it picks up where it left off on the Rod 'shouty' Studd front.

I wish Eddie and Stevo would learn that commentators do not have to talk all the way through the game. See Kenneth Wolstenholme, Barry Davies et al.

I suppose that's the skill factor. ;)

When I first watching super league on SKY, back in 2009/10, the commentators were a bit of a non-issue. I was more interested in the actual game.

But as I've started to watch more this past couple of years I can see why they are annoying.

Stevo- just shouts alot, not making any real sense. Eddie- seems to be unclear on his role. He is the commentator/presentor so that should be about trying to get the 'experts' to give their 'expert opinion'. But eddie loves to give his opinion and why he's right. He should just describe what's happening, not try and explain it (thats the 'experts' role). Phil- very intelligant but cant get his message across in a good way, always feel like he's talking down to you. He's too foucused on stats.

Paul Cullen/Shaun McCrae/John Wells- not too fussed either way.

My favourites would be Brian, Barrie and Terry. Clearly good mates off camera and that shows on Extra Time. Good analysis and debate but a bit of banter as well.

A big problem with Eddie & Stevo is that they host AND commentate. It's just too much. Remember at the World Cup where they were left to just commentate and we had a separate studio analysis team (Cullen & Offiah, which could've been better but hey ho)? It was just much more bearable.

Just wanted to thank Wellsy (?) for putting up the Stevo bingo cards. Mercifully I'm only exposed to Eddy for test matches -v- Australia when "you can put your house" on him saying "you just can't do that against these green and golds" .

Would it be possible for Mr Drake to have a poll on here for and against Eddy & Stevo? Would be interesting to see the result.

Stevo must have had loads of houses 'cos he's lost most of 'em gambling on VR decisions.

Would it be possible for Mr Drake to have a poll on here for and against Eddy & Stevo? Would be interesting to see the result.

Anyone can start a poll thread. Go nuts!

as someone who grew up with the eddie waring style of commentary, i can honestly say that these two have stayed in the time warp of the cloth cap image of the game, we need younger more dynamic presenters to sell the game to a modern audience..............brian carney and phil clarke are a start.

eddie and stevo will never top this bit of commentary..................

I've Backchat on record, anxious now if it picks up where it left off on the Rod 'shouty' Studd front.

Awful. Awful new titles and Studd his usual sniping spiteful self.

Awful. Awful new titles and Studd his usual sniping spiteful self.

...and now he's right behind us! *oops*

Super League Warm Up

On a Friday press record/reminder on sky sports 1 for 7pm (Tight Lines fishing) and get this preview programme.

Super League Warm Up

On a Friday press record/reminder on sky sports 1 for 7pm (Tight Lines fishing) and get this preview programme.

Thanks for the heads up - just set this (although it is SS2 for tomorrow's game).

Thanks for the heads up - just set this (although it is SS2 for tomorrow's game).

D'oh! [Ken Bruce mode] One year out

I only saw it from Boots 'N All... decent bit on Bulls and Cummins, that's me done for the season now.

and it's only on the Friday night game too, whatever piffling channel it may be on.

Honestly the season's barely underway and there's four pages that fail to mention the most annoying self-promoitional adverts on SKY Sports....

Obviously all must be happy with this on TRL- where were always posting about Rugby League...

Hammering Stevo to one side, the fundamental issue is Hemmings. The producer needs to define his role as quite simply; you are the commentator; commentate. Don't opine on anything whatsoever. Describe the action, don't dissect what has happened, that is why summarisers are there, when the opportunity arises, bring them in to embellish your words and most certainly don't argue with anybody else on the team.

Hammering Stevo to one side, the fundamental issue is Hemmings. The producer needs to define his role as quite simply; you are the commentator; commentate. Don't opine on anything whatsoever. Describe the action, don't dissect what has happened, that is why summarisers are there, when the opportunity arises, bring them in to embellish your words and most certainly don't argue with anybody else on the team.

Good point.

Ive not really Read any of these posts but I can imagine neandathol man slagging off a superb rugby league combination in Eddie and Stevo/ They have been fabolous for the sport and long may that continue. The idiots who think otherwise are simply that

Ive not really Read any of these posts but I can imagine neandathol man slagging off a superb rugby league combination in Eddie and Stevo/ They have been fabolous for the sport and long may that continue. The idiots who think otherwise are simply that

Welcome to the forum Eddie!

By the way you're C r@p

Here's the two bingo cards I was sent in the past:

14C3AF93-92A4-4D0A-82AF-58790AB8689C-2294-0000010F1A87A099_zpsadbbed0a.jpg

133A3FBE-FA64-4B41-BAB8-9E56489FFC39-2294-0000010F1DA6F892_zps96802d9e.jpg

:D

Oh and that couldn't be Eddie, he only criticised once and didn't go on about it for 10 minutes.

Printed the Stevo Bingo cards off and played with the kids on Fri and Sat, they loved it, so did I. Going to have to make some of my own now and mix them up a bit.