Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

T-Dub

Headingley Posts

Headingley always boasted the tallest posts in RL

I got a different view of the ground last night from Carnegie Upper, and unless Ive missed something seemed new (with little plastic pennants on top rather than the golden finnials) and seemed even bigger and wobblier than before. They are virtually as high as the stand roof

Is this the case or have I not been observant? If new, any idea how big?

Headingley always boasted the tallest posts in RL

I got a different view of the ground last night from Carnegie Upper, and unless Ive missed something seemed new (with little plastic pennants on top rather than the golden finnials) and seemed even bigger and wobblier than before. They are virtually as high as the stand roof

Is this the case or have I not been observant? If new, any idea how big?

Well, now they play RU there the posts are extraordinarily important.

Well, now they play RU there the posts are extraordinarily important.

Funny you should say that. They're identical to the ones at Hull RUFC's ground, right down to the dinky little plastic pennants on the top,

Flipiing 'eck. The new season has started! Enough with "oo, aren't those posts tall" talk. Talk about important things like what the refs are wearing.

You like men dressed in pink with short shorts do you?

The old ones were taken down when the pitch was relaid and new, taller (I believe) posts were put in place.

thats right unlike the old posts the new ones can be taken down when work needs doing on the pitch

Every day then.

:)

It's January. The weather in Leeds for the last 4 weeks has been horrific. It looked better than Saints pitch anyway.

:)

It's January. The weather in Leeds for the last 4 weeks has been horrific. It looked better than Saints pitch anyway.

Hmm, the same, who plays footy on the Saints pitch anyway?

Hmm, the same, who plays footy on the Saints pitch anyway?

Everton don't they? TBF I can't see any pitch in the north of England being in top condition for the next month anyway.

Everton don't they? TBF I can't see any pitch in the north of England being in top condition for the next month anyway.

Widnes?

(Before Vikingman pipes up!)

The new posts are satisfactorily huge. But those little flag things are totally naff and pointless.

b2c04e3e42ca11e28abf22000a1f9bf5_7.jpg

thats right unlike the old posts the new ones can be taken down when work needs doing on the pitch

Over two hours since this was posted....

Come on you lot, you're letting me down.

Over two hours since this was posted....

Come on you lot, you're letting me down.

Indeed, presumably the old ones had to be sawn off or something.

I can't believe preseason is over and we're still getting threads about the new posts at Headingley.

I can't believe preseason is over and we're still getting threads about the new posts at Headingley.

Some people just don't know how to have a good time.

I thought it was a nice piece of trivia, hadnt realized that at the stroke of the new season kick off this forum turned into Newsnight

Ill put it down to Warrington Post Envy Syndrome