Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

T-Dub

Headingley Posts

36 posts in this topic

Over two hours since this was posted....

Come on you lot, you're letting me down.

Indeed, presumably the old ones had to be sawn off or something.

I can't believe preseason is over and we're still getting threads about the new posts at Headingley.

I was thinking more of Galpharm references but hey, ho.

Seem to remember that the tallest posts in RL used to be at Station Road, Swinton - didn't they end up at Eccles ARL when the ground was demolished?

Bejeezus. :blink:

They must have used some impressive explosives.

Seem to remember that the tallest posts in RL used to be at Station Road, Swinton - didn't they end up at Eccles ARL when the ground was demolished?

As a Swinton fan of may years standing (we were poor and I could only just afford the 5/- to get in the ground) I can assure you that having the tallest posts was for many years the best thing about Station Road. :O .

They're there to indicate the wind direction.

Yeah I guessed. Still, annoying and pointless though. Annoying because they look ######. Pointless because the only benefit might be to kickers and Kevin Sinfield does not need little flaggy things to assist him on that score B)

Yeah I guessed. Still, annoying and pointless though. Annoying because they look ######. Pointless because the only benefit might be to kickers and Kevin Sinfield does not need little flaggy things to assist him on that score B)

there give the kickers of other clubs a bit of a chance .

As a Swinton fan of may years standing (we were poor and I could only just afford the 5/- to get in the ground) I can assure you that having the tallest posts was for many years the best thing about Station Road. :O .

Think the posts were donated to Eccles but seem to remember them being damaged by vandals

it seems to be a rah rah thing, the posts at the stoop have those little flags on top as well.

I am sure I was told/read the Headingley posts were donated to Drighlington rugby club.

yes they were.

Bejeezus. :blink:

They must have used some impressive explosives.

:D

Best post facto post about posts, post, post.