Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scrumhalf

barrow v hunslet

64 posts in this topic

Twiggy was injured.

heard he and holtyt had a falling out thurs or fri an he dropped

Sunday..... very disapointing result, we lacked game time (friendlies), lots of negative comments on the forum and the possiblity of relegation after only one game played of the season. I have to agree with it all, but one thing that I would say is that individually we didn't lack effort or the will to win, I believe that the team will start playing as a unit and the results will come.

Great effort all round on sunday but just not the result we wanted.

And well done to Hunslet, easily the best team on the day.

heard he and holtyt had a falling out thurs or fri an he dropped

:D :D

Falling out with Twiggy, Nixon refuses to play, Stop upsetting everyone Holty, just like you used to on the forum when you did not get your own way :O

Yes enforced changes will be needed for this weeks game as Haney looks likely to be out for a few weeks, Twiggy needs to come back in, can't for the life of me think why he was left out against Hunslet, I would move Mcgilvary out to the wing and play Larkin at fullback, not in favour of moving the Bull back to the centre at the moment, maybe when all the injured forwards return this maybe an option, but we would miss him too much in the pack at the moment.

I know what your saying Richie and I agree we need another big powerful line breaking forward hopefully with a good offload to replace him.

However you need to score tries to win games and we seem to be lacking in attacking options at the moment.

I feel Harrisons best position is in the centre where his strength & ability creates tries for our wingers.

We have one of the fastest wingers in the league in Adam Clay and we need to utilise him.

I know what your saying Richie and I agree we need another big powerful line breaking forward hopefully with a good offload to replace him.

However you need to score tries to win games and we seem to be lacking in attacking options at the moment.

I feel Harrisons best position is in the centre where his strength & ability creates tries for our wingers.

We have one of the fastest wingers in the league in Adam Clay and we need to utilise him.

Totally agree, especially with regard to Liam Harrison !

The left side attack in 2009 and 2010 was superb.

Also, I'd like to see Finchy feature more.

Well its time to show up this weekend, think another poor performance could signal an early season death knell.

Well its time to show up this weekend, think another poor performance could signal an early season death knell.

Hope your wrong Oracle about the death knell and all that. Don't know the averages of crowds and all that but haven't BARROW always been a good supported club. It would be great if we went out and won every single game but thats not going to happen. Let the team gel a bit and then let people decide if we were right or wrong about the DR system. Supporters have got to remember, whatever happens this season, we have got to get behind the club. These things about DR and other ###### are going to pass eventually. We've got to think about the future. Just keep turning up. Your support has never been more important.

Hope your wrong Oracle about the death knell and all that. Don't know the averages of crowds and all that but haven't BARROW always been a good supported club. It would be great if we went out and won every single game but thats not going to happen. Let the team gel a bit and then let people decide if we were right or wrong about the DR system. Supporters have got to remember, whatever happens this season, we have got to get behind the club. These things about DR and other ###### are going to pass eventually. We've got to think about the future. Just keep turning up. Your support has never been more important.

here here

Simple answer to that Livo is no! we have not always been well supported! There have been times when the Cumbrian population have deserted the terraces. I agree the only way forward is not to give up, however IF a team is beaten every week it will be difficult to entice the crowds..especially at £15 per person.....I don't presume to have the answer but I think the board need to have a good look at how other clubs are funding or gaining advantages through DR...I know if I was still there I would be considering EVERY option.

Simple answer to that Livo is no! we have not always been well supported! There have been times when the Cumbrian population have deserted the terraces. I agree the only way forward is not to give up, however IF a team is beaten every week it will be difficult to entice the crowds..especially at £15 per person.....I don't presume to have the answer but I think the board need to have a good look at how other clubs are funding or gaining advantages through DR...I know if I was still there I would be considering EVERY option.

well said