Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith T

Town v Swinton

127 posts in this topic

Congrats guys on your first win in the champ and what a better place to go and do it than the wire reserves well done guys and welcome to the champ.

dual reg getting some criticism on the radio. yes it isn't ideal if lads training all week get their noses pushed out by SL players but i don't think that's how it will be used it will be to bring players in should teams be struggling through injuries.

I would have thought 2 , but to do it with one and that being a winger ... Against 9 !!!! I bow down to Charlo , he knows best and boy did we show that fitness , unity and passion count for so much . You can't throw a team together like fantasy rugby league , that was poor form and got what it deserved.

Well done to all at the club. I was cacking myself about today after swarrington's tactics came to light. Says alot about team spirit and knowing who you're playing with to me.

So wood was chod was he? God i thought the championship would be his level, maybe champ 1 for him then lol

Won't be many winning at Warrington this season ...

Me old lads just phoned to say its the best match hes seen in ages (and he takes some pleasing!) special mention to Lupton , young Callum and Dowsy, well done all :)

Well done Town, Good start to the season....

Town (and Widnes) used the system as it is supposed to be used. Town coach selecting his team finds himself short of a winger. Widnes had offered us the use of 2 forwards and a back and as Widnesrlfc says earlier in this thread, Hulme is a centre rather than a winger, but he was probably our only option for the wing, so we play him (and by all acounts he did a good job). Well done everyone.

well done guys great result and a victory for a proper rugby team not a cloaked SL 2nd string.

Lee

well done guys great result and a victory for a proper rugby team not a cloaked SL 2nd string.

Lee

Thanks Lee, what went wrong today at Hunslet? Didn't expect that scoreline.

i was expecting to get beat Keith but a bonus point at least.....a bit shocked to be honest although in both pre-season games we looked very very poor in my eyes....no new moves in attack and very predictable...something will need to change and fast or we will be playing catchup from early doors mate

Just got home, perhaps one of the best games I've seen for ages. Town, were the fittest, smartest and most together team. Exciting prospect in young Phillips, but all the team were men of the match. Super sound in defence and great going forward. I saw the real Lupton today! Well done to all the team, including the background staff. A team that played for each other won the day.

What a bloody superb win, and one that shouldn't be underestimated. Any win on first day is a good one, it sets a tone for the season. Bit to win away with players missing in a better league against a team flouting the rules is fantastic. Well done to all involved, man I'm excited for this season. Can't wait to see how we do against fax, give us an idea as to how things are going to go at home.

Just in passing, Swinton played all three DR players, Wood, Laithwaite and McCarthy. Town made them look ordinary! They also used all six recent signings from Warrington plus Liam Hulme who signed from Warrington in October.

Walne , Dowes and the Thackrinator are gonna be huge for us this year .. Add Acton who looks a total beast and we've got loads

of grunt to terrorise teams with . Young Callum then Matty will have a field day ! Halifax in our upgraded stadium should be bouncing ! Needs to be sold to the rafters to get them flocking in . But on the Swinton Wolves forum they were just two average teams today ...

Walne , Dowes and the Thackrinator are gonna be huge for us this year .. Add Acton who looks a total beast and we've got loads

of grunt to terrorise teams with . Young Callum then Matty will have a field day ! Halifax in our upgraded stadium should be bouncing ! Needs to be sold to the rafters to get them flocking in . But on the Swinton Wolves forum they were just two average teams today ...

We will all be standing for fax match, dont think any seats are in grandstand yet! cant wait to see the Town and a completed DP, I think its gonna be a great season, great effort today lads.

We will all be standing for fax match, dont think any seats are in grandstand yet! cant wait to see the Town and a completed DP, I think its gonna be a great season, great effort today lads.

I think they were expecting to install them this week in time for the Halifax match.