Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juliancaine

RIP SWINTON LIONS

183 posts in this topic

...ON THE FIDEL

What's Castro and the Cubans got to do with it eh?

What's Castro and the Cubans got to do with it eh?

Someone's Havana laugh yes?

It won't stop...it's a recurring nightmare USA.. Redskins did a bit better btw

. Found this on the Warrington forum.....cumbrianwolf↓

Re: Wire Youngsters have Signed Contracts with Swinton

Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:44 pm

The majority of the youngsters in question are still "Warrington players" and are on a season long loan with Swinton, they still train full time with Warrington and train additionally with Swinton in the evenings.

. Found this on the Warrington forum.....cumbrianwolf↓

Re: Wire Youngsters have Signed Contracts with Swinton

Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:44 pm

The majority of the youngsters in question are still "Warrington players" and are on a season long loan with Swinton, they still train full time with Warrington and train additionally with Swinton in the evenings.

It just shows you that dr needs changing asap otherwise swinton lions identity will be watered down still further. Might as well let tony smith pick our team for sunday.

It just shows you that dr needs changing asap otherwise swinton lions identity will be watered down still further. Might as well let tony smith pick our team for sunday.

. It could just be rumours but while they exist the controversy will continue.

All because the superleague clubs didnt want to run an under 23's competition, they are not bothered that it's going to ruin the championship as we know it and turn it into a gloryfied superleague a team competition.

im afraid to say he all but is,he his certainly stating which Warrington players he wants to be playing and which position to play in,on a match by match basis,that doesn't leave much say for Steve McCormack .

?? cannot understand why you keep confusing the DR system with these lads signing for us

?? cannot understand why you keep confusing the DR system with these lads signing for us

because these players are under the control of Warrington not swinton,who do you think are paying there wages.certainly not mr Kidd.

Julian you seem to have so many negative things to say about our club, such a shame in my opinion

because these players are under the control of Warrington not swinton,who do you think are paying there wages.certainly not mr Kidd.

You obviously know more than I do???

So we all are supposed to believe that guys who call themselves Cumbrianwolf and Ranger12 are more credible sources than the RL itself? Julian?

Warrington wanted Paul Wood to again play for us, they were told that in order to be considered he would have to train with us all week with no inclusion in the Warrington squad. He didn't and wasn't selected as a dual reg as you would have found out had you come to support your team.

That statement was told to me first hand by Swinton's assistant coach.

I suggest you stop this ridiculous crusade of trying to muck stir against the club that many on here truely do support.

Sweet Jesus people, Its killing the game already and its only 2 matches into the season, I personally know an absolute shed loads of fans who simply refuse now to travel away and put money into feeder clubs pockets, thats just away fans, then you have your own fans who are deciding to walk. ou certainly are not making up for them with warrington supporters and the same goes for other dual registered clubs. Less money and dwindleing fans. even less to look forward to. I Sincerely hope that 2 clubs who are dual registered and i dont really care who are relegated to the league of death, that will see then end of DR as we know it with these SL clubs as it would be so difficult to stay afloat in there and lessons might get learnt.

I understand why clubs are desperate to try and stay in this league but come the end of the year it will be clear to see what a absolute mockery it is when there is a massive scramble to avoid the drop with 5 dual registered players playing game in game out and in your case a further 6 year long loanees.

We love advice from Fax fans. Their club are a shining beacon of the moral running of a rugby club. Cap in hand not so very long ago. For the umpteenth time.

We have played one home game....so you have no basis on which to make your statements. They might be right. No one knows yet. More opinion presented as fact.

I have no problem with other opinions I just question your motivation for such bad wishes.

Sweet Jesus people, Its killing the game already and its only 2 matches into the season, I personally know an absolute shed loads of fans who simply refuse now to travel away and put money into feeder clubs pockets, thats just away fans, then you have your own fans who are deciding to walk. ou certainly are not making up for them with warrington supporters and the same goes for other dual registered clubs. Less money and dwindleing fans. even less to look forward to. I Sincerely hope that 2 clubs who are dual registered and i dont really care who are relegated to the league of death, that will see then end of DR as we know it with these SL clubs as it would be so difficult to stay afloat in there and lessons might get learnt.

I understand why clubs are desperate to try and stay in this league but come the end of the year it will be clear to see what a absolute mockery it is when there is a massive scramble to avoid the drop with 5 dual registered players playing game in game out and in your case a further 6 year long loanees.

Its not often I agree with a halifax fan but on this occasion ackropj I do.

playing devils advocate a bit here but hear me out

A young lad comes from a SL team at 19 he signs for a champ club for a couple of years and by the time he's 21/22 hes a world beater - I tell you this will happen its not a pipe dream. The champ club then sell him for a decent fee back to SL

This will happen more and more over the next few years as long as the Champ club do there homework as the talent which is being let go at the moment is ridiculous. The champ clubs just need to be realistic and make anyone who comes into the club abide by the same rules as the lads who are already there. I.E training the same etc etc

A young lad comes from a SL team at 19 he signs for a champ club for a couple of years and by the time he's 21/22 hes a world beater - I tell you this will happen its not a pipe dream. The champ club then sell him for a decent fee back to SL

This will happen more and more over the next few years as long as the Champ club do there homework as the talent which is being let go at the moment is ridiculous. The champ clubs just need to be realistic and make anyone who comes into the club abide by the same rules as the lads who are already there. I.E training the same etc etc

You maybe right about everything except the part about a fee. There should be some rule where under contract or not a Super League team taking a player under a certain age (24?) from a Championship club must pay compensation agreed between the two clubs or if an agreement cannot be made, then by a tribunal like they do in football.

You maybe right about everything except the part about a fee. There should be some rule where under contract or not a Super League team taking a player under a certain age (24?) from a Championship club must pay compensation agreed between the two clubs or if an agreement cannot be made, then by a tribunal like they do in football.

I would agree PaulT , thats where they are missing a trick . I know DR is sending everyone mindless at the moment BUT give it a chance it will even out . There will be more young lads at the age of 16-19 wanting to join champs clubs straight from amateur -the prospect of regular rugby at a higher level than academy rugby with SL teams will become attractive , in an environment where they can learn from seasoned pros that have seen the hard side of rugby league is not a bad learning base. The money side of things doesnt matter I can assure you off that they are paid buttons anyway and one appearance money and win bonus in the champ equals two/three weeks wages of most SL academy players anyway.If the champ clubs use there head they could end up with a very good standard of player for a fraction of what there worth and then make money out of any future signings. Just a different slant on the current situation, my lads currently playing champ rugby on duel reg and hes never been as happy (even though its costing me a small fortune running him about ). I asked him yesterday how hes finding it and he even said if he got a deal for next year with a champ club he would even consider leaving his last year in uni !!!

Is there enough money in the game for transfer fees?

Is there enough money in the game for transfer fees?

Maybe not at the moment but I can see a time when players wages at the top level will even out well below there current limit leaving money left for transfers.

I would agree PaulT , thats where they are missing a trick . I know DR is sending everyone mindless at the moment BUT give it a chance it will even out . There will be more young lads at the age of 16-19 wanting to join champs clubs straight from amateur -the prospect of regular rugby at a higher level than academy rugby with SL teams will become attractive , in an environment where they can learn from seasoned pros that have seen the hard side of rugby league is not a bad learning base. The money side of things doesnt matter I can assure you off that they are paid buttons anyway and one appearance money and win bonus in the champ equals two/three weeks wages of most SL academy players anyway.If the champ clubs use there head they could end up with a very good standard of player for a fraction of what there worth and then make money out of any future signings. Just a different slant on the current situation, my lads currently playing champ rugby on duel reg and hes never been as happy (even though its costing me a small fortune running him about ). I asked him yesterday how hes finding it and he even said if he got a deal for next year with a champ club he would even consider leaving his last year in uni !!!

Ive been telling people that the lads from super league academies aren't on the mega bucks for a while

No one has listened because it doesn't suit their argument

Nice to hear it from one who knows.

Good point well made.

From what I hear you play at Leigh sports village. How much is it to watch you?