Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juliancaine

RIP SWINTON LIONS

183 posts in this topic

I love it how we get trolls from other rugby league clubs coming on here and having a go at us likes its our fault. we do not run the club. the club tell us nothing. we have no say in how we approach dr, twinning, the price of tickets, what stands we sit in, the colours we play in, or our manager. we just support the club.

get over it fools.

Yawn yawn yawn. Same old same old! I'm getting to the point that I'm beginning to think if you don't like it then stop coming!

A lot of you are nailing the lid on the coffin.......and started months ago.

Give the club a chance. Why shouldn't we do it! There aren't many in our division who aren't. I expect if we hadn't gone into the DR scenario the same people moaning now would be moaning again!

Give Chambers a chance too! Poor guy. He doesn't deserve all the abuse that's been written on here. At least give him a few games before you start!

'RIP Swinton Lions' this thread says. Get behind the coach and the team. You're not going to change anything so put up with it or go support a team that suits your views and beliefs. Thankfully there are plenty of fans that don't believe the title of this thread!!

Chambers is a first class coach and will do Swinton proud. The only concern the supporters should have is not WHO is currently playing for them but IF they can keep hold of these players for the next two / three years. You will see a number of super league scouts at your games week in week out. Most of these youngsters are on one year deals and they are the cream of the crop ( SO TO SPEAK) don't be surprised to see a number of them snatched at the end of the season. However now Smith has someone in charge at your place to nurture his babies and make sure they are doing the same as Warrington first team week in week and getting into their ears it might not be so bad . The team will do you proud and I just hope that the team can stay together for a long period of time because if they can Fev, Halifax and the likes will better take note.

Good post!

All our best players normally go to other teams at the end of the season anyway so there'll be no change there!!! (Must calm down on the !!!!!!!)

Chambers is a first class coach and will do Swinton proud. The only concern the supporters should have is not WHO is currently playing for them but IF they can keep hold of these players for the next two / three years. You will see a number of super league scouts at your games week in week out. Most of these youngsters are on one year deals and they are the cream of the crop ( SO TO SPEAK) don't be surprised to see a number of them snatched at the end of the season. However now Smith has someone in charge at your place to nurture his babies and make sure they are doing the same as Warrington first team week in week and getting into their ears it might not be so bad . The team will do you proud and I just hope that the team can stay together for a long period of time because if they can Fev, Halifax and the likes will better take note.

Good post apart from the "now Smith has someone in charge" line. WE have someone in charge. Chambers has left the Wolves and is now in charge of his own team and will do what's best for his team Im sure. If it fits in with Warrington's plans all well and good!

Somehow I don't think a Cumbrian ex-super league prop deputy head of a tough school in a hard area will be anybody's push-over!

Good post apart from the "now Smith has someone in charge" line. WE have someone in charge. Chambers has left the Wolves and is now in charge of his own team and will do what's best for his team Im sure. If it fits in with Warrington's plans all well and good!

Somehow I don't think a Cumbrian ex-super league prop deputy head of a tough school in a hard area will be anybody's push-over!

sorry bad terminology - You have a guy in charge that will aid the development of all the players at the club and makes it more likely that the young lads who have only a year left on their contracts will stay at Swinton until they have the experience to play super league rugby.