Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Viking Warrior

phil joseph

51 posts in this topic

Always gave 110% whenever I watched him play for the Lions

Gledhill had him down as never giving less than 110 per cent. Looks like he never gives more than that either. That's true consistency.

And while this thread allows us to reminisce about Gledhill, iirc some posters seemed to have a morbid dislike of him. Which could put anyone off.

I can, it's because he was incredibly easy to wind up and he probably doesn't trust himself.

Mick went to the Salford game with me last Friday. You've got it about right. He always used to bite and he's decided not to post anymore. If he rejoined the forum, he'd probably bite before too long, so it's best he doesn't. He does lurk, though, and is thoroughly enjoying this thread. :D

I believe he is going to the KC on Friday. I might join him and Rob and Roy, if they are about. (Stress the "might", though. It depends how knackered I feel on Friday.)

The ghost of Gled liveth forevermore....

Rob & I will be going Tony - probable start The 3 John Scotts (as usual!) Let us know if you decide to come ;)

This appears to be turning into a Hull v Bulls match thread.

Anyone notice that John put the threads up on Monday last week?

Where has he been this week?

Ahem.

Gledhill had him down as never giving less than 110 per cent. Looks like he never gives more than that either. That's true consistency.

lol

Rob & I will be going Tony - probable start The 3 John Scotts (as usual!) Let us know if you decide to come ;)

Ahem, just you and Rob?! You stop posting for a while and are soon forgotten... ;)

Ahem, just you and Rob?! You stop posting for a while and are soon forgotten... ;)

One thread about a rock-hard hulking great black bloke and she's straight back posting again.

;) :D

Seriously, Phil now has a really good chance of making the Wales World Cup Squad.

There have been some seriously good black Welsh rugby league players, Billy Boston, Clive Sullivan, Anthony Sullivan, Colin Dixon, Johnny Freeman, Gerald Cordle. the skinny winger who played for the Bulls and GB, whose name I can't remember so if he proves a s good as any of those he will be a definite asset to the Welsh team. Going further back forgot the visionary Roy Francis.

Phil Ford? There was also Frank Wilson.

I'd love us to sign Aled Brew.

Yes, thank you, that's who I was thinking of Phil Ford. there was also Ryan Giggs father who was a pretty decent stand off for Swinton.

Who said that? :O

One thread about a rock-hard hulking great black bloke and she's straight back posting again.

;) :D

Blame Mick Gledhill!

Edit: rock hard men don't appeal I'm afraid (aside from the obvious). I like my men and women to be softer with rounded corners. ;)

Blame Mick Gledhill!

Edit: rock hard men don't appeal I'm afraid (aside from the obvious). I like my men and women to be softer with rounded corners. ;)

Coach ticket booked....

phil had another excellent game yesterday and punched holes in the stains defence time and again...........oh and he got the sponsors man of the match award.

Yeah I wasn't too sure about that decision tbf........he had a good game but I thought the Saints defence dealt with him effectively enough.....I thought Hanbury had a good game even made a couple of mistakes

personally i thought it was jon clarke but we aren't the sponsors

Top marks to Phil for keeping going following a lot of moves of club and for getting another chance in Superleague.

be in with a shout of playing for wales again in the world cup if he carries on performing